Author Topic: Whirlpool Gold series , compressor won't restart after house power flicker  (Read 956 times)

Offline makapaka

• VIP Member
My fridge is model. GI6SARXXF04. This is the second occurrence. After a very short power outage ( a matter of seconds ) the control panel and light recover, but hours later I find that the ice maker starts dripping water and discover that the compressor hasn't run since the incident. The only way to get it back up is to pull the power cord for 10 seconds or so and plug it back in. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Do you here the compressor trying to start, any humming clicking going on?Is the fan by the compressor working?You should have a surge protector on this thing when you get it repaired and any appliance you have the have computers running the appliance which is a lot nowadays.

Offline makapaka

• VIP Member
Dab, nothing happens with the compressor or fan. The control panel and inside light work, but it doesn't cool at all. As soon as I power cycle the stupid thing it comes on and cools as well as always, but I can't trust it if we leave home. I'm thinking it's probably the control board, and as you suggest, it'll have a surge protector before I'm finished.  I was hoping to have my suspicions confirmed before I go to the expense of replacing the board.  Thanks much for your reply.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
What happens if you just let it run 24 hours.And said this happen before?.Did you change a board then?If so was it the touch tone board on the dispenser?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 03:49:30 PM by dab147315 »

Offline makapaka

• VIP Member
It'll run along without a hitch until we get a power outage. I didn't change anything the last time, just unplug and plug in. I assumed it was a glitch and wouldn't happen again but then it did. Now I feel it's a fault in the fridge and need to fix it. I thought I might find someone who's had the same problem here among the board members.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Check to see if your outlet is wire properly and buy a surge protector that is about 1000 joules.I would thing if you had a board problem and there is more than one it just don,t fix itself.Some times if you have a problem with a appliance board the manual would say unplug for awhile then plug it back in.This is a tool to check that the outlet is wired ok or use a voltmeter.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-Receptacle-Tester-RT100/203195018?N=5yc1vZboffZ3xg
Any other Tech. have opinion on this.

Whirlpool Gold Fridge has no power to ice maker/water dispenser

Started by BSALP

Replies: 1
Views: 3003
Last post February 29, 2012, 10:45:20 AM
by Joebeef
Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerator - Icemaker again

Started by iliiinieis

Replies: 15
Views: 4593
Last post October 04, 2012, 03:16:03 PM