365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag frig, #msd2556aew  (Read 28 times)

Offline nafraz

• Technician
Maytag frig, #msd2556aew
« on: June 09, 2014, 03:07:31 PM »
Has a tech. run into problems with boards blowing form the ice door solenoid shorting?? or dragging, not letting door close back all the way? This is really been a problem. circuit board I replaced, had a burnt spot on it, wouldn't allow selectors to operate Crush, cube, water, etc. picked one up, installed it, selectors functioned water dis. ran, then, I pushed the ice selector and engaged switch with cup and
pow!!! blew both boards interface and main board, smoke came out and ,well so much for the problem being from a power surge! The solenoid was shorted. Hang in there with me. I was able to pick up the whole fountain unit used, from a appliance guy who had a maytag hanging around. had boards, solenoid all the works, great. So off I go to return replaced the selector unit for water and ice, selectors were lite, and they all responded. solenoid  opened ice door, no POW. Great took care of my customer, packed up my tools, got few miles down the road and get a call from customer, ice door didn't close all the way shut, Here I go again. pushed ice door closed, made sure there was nothing interfering with door,  engaged switch and it had a noticeable noise from solenoid. tried it couple more times each time seemed to get louder when engaged, would not allow ice door to close. too much drag. And now selectors not lighting up, so I guess now those boards are damaged again. Back to square one, All parts new are too exp. So i'm going to try and find water/ice fountain  unit again and replace with a new solenoid. Very understanding customer, good as gold. This is one I should have left alone. I've not seen a fountain that had a solenoid operate the ice door, that was not a pain back side. Any suggestions?

Old Maytag Service Manual - OCR

Started by AJ

Replies: 4
Views: 40
Last post May 05, 2008, 12:53:37 PM
by AJ
Frig/Sears refrig

Started by theoldstoveguy

Replies: 8
Views: 57
Last post December 07, 2008, 03:44:14 PM
by theoldstoveguy