Forum > Dishwasher Repair

Is there a Dishwasher that works nowadays ...

(1/1)

Blues:
... I'm thinking about buying a new one and I'm trying to do my homework but all dishwashers seem to have lots of negative reviews. Leaving me with impression there is no dishwasher worth to buy.  :(

niobrara:
Yes there are some that are better than others. Talk to as many people as your can about what they have and how they like the one they have. Do as much on line research as you can. Pick the top couple you find and then make your personal choice. There is not a lot of difference between the top ones as far as how they work for washing dishes. And yes they can all have issues
. Best of luck on your purchase.

bagjr387:

--- Quote from: Blues on May 30, 2014, 08:21:17 PM ---... I'm thinking about buying a new one and I'm trying to do my homework but all dishwashers seem to have lots of negative reviews. Leaving me with impression there is no dishwasher worth to buy.  :(

--- End quote ---

Most of the negative reviews are because people dont understand the changes that have been made since their last dishwasher was made

1st: Most new dishwashers have soil sensor or optical eyes that adjust wash times by turbidity. This may be different than their previous unit with a timed wash cycle that had no such sensor. This sensor is why dishes should not be rinsed (only scraped) when loading

2nd: New dishwashers are way more efficient. They use nearly half of the water that they did say 10 years ago.This leads to problems when people use a mountain of soap in the dispenser and wonder why everything is white inside...I " highly recommend the "tablet" dish detergent.

The efficiency changes have also made for longer wash cycles... 2 and a half hours is not unheard of with a "normal" wash cycle

3rd: Dish detergents have changed (along with laundry detergents) because phosphates threaten the ecosystem. There fore the cleaning of the dishes is done differently with enzymes.

These 3 things are the main reasons a lot of people will never be happy with any new dishwasher.

If I had to recommend one, Most of the Bosch dishwashers have very high customer satisfaction. They are whisper quiet also

Blues:
Thank you.

I mean it. I really do not care about water or electricity consumption. I have my own well and solar power. I just want a dishwasher that does the job. Bosh it is. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version