Forum > Dishwasher Repair

Kenmore/Bosche KDI-19 detergent cups are OPEN but caked in cup, won't drop

(1/3) > >>

AlsoThumbs:
I also replaced one of the bi-metals, and cleaned the other with De-Oxit.
So are they opening at the wrong part of the cycle?  But the detergent should still drop.
So is water getting in during the cycle and caking it?

AJ:
Are you sure the dishwasher is filling with water during each cycle as it should.

LowSL2:
KDI-19 is a Hobart built KitchenAid...  Are the detergent cups opening during the cycle?  Is water spraying during the cycle?

AlsoThumbs:
The dishes are wet & half clean. Yes at least one cup is opening.  I was focused on them not opening so replaced the bimetal.   After replacing the bimetal my wife pointed out that the detergent was caked in the opened cup.

??? Why did I type Bosche?  I know its a Hobart...

scrapiron:
I believe, on the KDI-19, the bi-metals are in series with the wash motor. Therefore, if the motor isn't drawing enough current due to low water fill, plugged pump screens or broken/stripped wash impeller, the bi-metal won't flex enough to allow the soap cups to release. Also, dishes won't be clean & soap won't be washed out of the soap cups. Check to make sure it's getting sufficient water, that the round screen below the washarm is really clean & that the wash impeller is not broken or stripped. Also, check the center post on the washarm support. make sure it hasn't come loose from the bakelite housing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version