Forum > Dishwasher Repair

Whirlpool D/W Will Not Drain

(1/1)

app1:
Model# 665.13963K015 it will not drain, hose is not kinked , does not have a disposal and I can't get it out as it looks like they built it in, anyway - it washes fine. I took out the round screen and it is fine and I put my finger in the tiny little hole but it is too small to feel if anything is in it. Do I have to pull it all out to check the pump? It looks like it has two pumps?? Thanks In Advance!!

whjeffs:
If you can get the kick plate off you can get the drain hose & drain pump off. Most likely something like broken glass jammed in the drain motor or something stuck in the hose inlet before the check valve.

app1:
This is a crazy question but would it be the drain pump or the pump and motor as that circulates the water through the arms and that does fine so I just answered my own question- it would be the drain pump with the yellow impellar... how would I identify the drain pump versus the pump and motor? Crazy question but thanks for any help in advance!!

app1:
OK - I got the dish washer out and I want to take the clamps off the pump so I can check inside of them. HOW do you get these clamps off I have NEVER seen this type of metal clamp!!!  It is metal band with a small loop thing and it has holes where a tab goes through!!!
 >:( >:( :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:

LowSL2:
That is the wash motor hoses.  The drain pump is removable.  There is a plastic tab that you push down, turn the pump motor counter-clockwise and it comes out.  If a piece of glass got in there and chewed up the motor or the housing, you must replace the pump and sump.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version