Author Topic: MHWE200XW00 doesn't spin and never completes cycle or diagnostic self-test  (Read 473 times)

Offline aaronw112358

• VIP Member
we have a MHWE200XW00 washer.  It seems unable to do any spinning and never really 'starts' a cycle, it just locks the door and does nothing else.  I pulled off the cover and found the tech note.  The problem is that the diagnostic cycle acts differently than listed in the tech note.

I push the 1,2,3 buttons and it enters the diagnostic mode with no problems.I then push 2 to enter the self-test mode. The LED displays '1'. I push 2 again, and the LED displays '5'. I push 2 again, the LED displays '0'. I push 2 again, and the door locks (and the LED goes out), I push 2 again, the cold water fills (and then stops). I push 2 again, and I see the drain pump go and the water empties out of the washer. However, no amount of me pushing 2 anymore will change anything else. There aren't any directions to this effect (additional pushing buttons) in the technote - part number W10252711A so I'm not sure what else I need to do to have it to the other parts of the self test.  I pulled off the back cover and checked the tachometer and the drive motor pins and those all seem to have the proper resistance.  I'd love for it to complete a diagnostic cycle so I can have a better idea of what to replace.  Any ideas?

Offline DaleCaskanette

• Technician
sounds like a motor control, pull board and look at board thr capacitors fail top of cap bulges up or plastic sleeve shrinks. could be ccu but we see a lot of this problem and it is normally the mcu

Offline aaronw112358

• VIP Member
Is the MCU part #15 here:

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/01-top-cabinet-parts-for-maytag-mhwe200xw00.html ?

What's the best way to remove it?  front or back?

Offline DaleCaskanette

• Technician

Offline aaronw112358

• VIP Member
So I pulled the MCU out of its plastic housing and there was a scorch mark on the housing as well as a smaller burn mark on the circuit board.  I didn't see any bulging caps, but there was definitely an incident of some kind there.  I replaced the MCU and it is working great now.  I also had another question though - the diagnostic test is definitely different than described in the tech note.  I'm trying to correspond with servicematters about this, but I don't want to pay $500 for a subscription just to help them update their docs.  Is anyone with a servicematters.com subscription interested in taking up this matter?

Offline DaleCaskanette

• Technician
they are aware of this issue

maytag Atlantis washer timer switch doesn't activate spin cycle

Started by helpme805

Replies: 6
Views: 7348
Last post July 30, 2011, 08:35:12 PM
by AJ
Maytag washer mah4000aww spin cycle

Started by evo100

Replies: 1
Views: 3020
Last post December 25, 2007, 09:41:02 PM
by AJ
Kenmore frontloader 417.42142100 shaking when in spin cycle

Started by candoan

Replies: 3
Views: 4190
Last post January 28, 2008, 06:04:40 AM
by candoan
washer works except spin cycle and has a burning rubber smell.

Started by hogslayer

Replies: 4
Views: 4580
Last post February 19, 2008, 03:50:55 PM
by JWWebster
Maytag Spin Cycle

Started by Camarocam

Replies: 1
Views: 3976
Last post February 19, 2008, 11:07:58 AM
by AJ
Atlantis squeak on end of spin cycle