Author Topic: I'm back! Same problem, new cause! Washing Machine.  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Neeky

• VIP Member
I'm back! Same problem, new cause! Washing Machine.
« on: June 30, 2008, 06:26:06 AM »
Hello again. I posted a while back about a problem I had with my 6th sense washing machine (fricken no sense I say).

Front loader.
I have to use soap flakes as my daughter has severe allergies to any other type of soap. I've been religiously cleaning out the dispenser after every use and pour hot water down to help keep it clear. I dissolve the flakes in hot water before pouring in.

But my husband (he was the culprit last time too!) didn't clear it properly or didn't dissolve the flakes, so when the water entered the dispenser, it started rushing out of the machine down the front.

FA and F09 error came up which I knew was fixed by tipping the machine forward to drain out.

Problem is, it is still partly blocked and more than half the intake water is still pouring down the front causing the same problem and error. I can see there is some water going into the drum, but when I pull the dispenser out there is a pool of water sitting there that isn't going down.

Is there 2 water inlets? One from the tap and one that goes through the soap dispenser? Does this explain why some water appears to be getting into the drum?

How can I clear the soap canal into the drum? I've tried hot water and coat hangers but can't clear anything. I've tried going down the soap dispenser canal and also up from inside the drum, but can't reach around all the bends which must be where the blockage is.

Can you take the front panel off these machines? Or the table top?

Any suggestions on what I can use? I'm assuming caustic soda (what I use for blocked drains) wouldn't be good for the machine, but is there something similar I can use?

Thanks guys! Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Monique, Sydney Australia.

EDIT: Ok I've taken the top off the machine and I can see the soap pipe and a big clog of soap in it. How do I get to it though? I tried squeezing the blockage with my hand but the plastic is not flexible. Any ideas on how to clear it/get at it?

Model Number: AWM 8143 6kg
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 07:50:34 AM by Neeky »
I don't even have blonde as an excuse...

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
Re: I'm back! Same problem, new cause! Washing Machine.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 06:26:38 PM »
Here's a technique that I use from time to time on stubborn  condensate drains...I don't see why it wouldn't work here. I use compressed air and shoot it into the suspect drain line. In my case, I have refrigeration gauges which make the transfer easier, but lots of auto parts dealers have supplies that will work. By inserting the hose in one end of the drain (canal in this case) and covering any gaps with your fingers, you should be able to blast a healthy stream of air thru the line. A good shop vac with a blower might accomplish this task as well.

Pour a pint of white distilled vinegar into the canal opening before making the clearing. This will loosen the residue somewhat.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 06:29:20 PM by Repair-man »
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline Neeky

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 01:42:35 AM »
Thanx Repair Man!

I ended up using a long line of pipe cleaners to loosen it and lots of flushing it through. Eventually a big glob came out and all is well. Good tip bout the vingegar though.

Cheers!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 10:35:27 AM »
Their is a product out ther on the market called Drain Blaster. They sell it at HVAC stores.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Neeky

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 05:43:57 PM »
I thought of drain clearing things, but worried about putting the harsh chemicals into the machine as it would end up in the drum and then through the drainage system of the machine. Wouldn't these things end up corroding it?

problem with a kenomore 80 series top loading washing machine

Started by turbodouche

Replies: 1
Views: 1610
Last post November 29, 2008, 09:26:44 AM
by JWWebster
Admiral Washing Machine Help

Started by Labonza

Replies: 1
Views: 5874
Last post July 17, 2007, 10:03:32 AM
by AJ
WHAT WASHING MACHINE WOULD YOU PURCHASE?

Started by bespiritfilled

Replies: 3
Views: 3786
Last post August 30, 2007, 09:30:46 PM
by larry
Help Tromm washing machine wont spin

Started by angeleyes

Replies: 15
Views: 21989
Last post February 13, 2008, 08:19:59 PM
by JWWebster
Amana washing machine LW4303W electrical damage.

Started by DMAN2501

Replies: 4
Views: 3552
Last post November 10, 2007, 01:14:38 PM
by DMAN2501
Kenmore (Whirlpool) washing machine will not agitate

Started by autumdove

Replies: 3
Views: 5819
Last post November 24, 2007, 10:18:04 PM
by rickgburton