A promised here is my final update. Yesterday I closed out my browser without hitting Post.
The dryer works again! After I replaced the control board (CB) and reassembled it, it ran just fine.
I am still baffled by this as the CB does not have any moving parts to it. More over, the CB is never exposed to the heat/cold like the thermistors and thermostat are. Given that all pieces checked out ok and a replacement board solve the issue, I have to conclude that it was the CB which caused this the dryer to stop working
That said: When I perform the self checks it STILL cycles between the 19:H0 and UO1 error coders! That has not changed. Makes me wonder if it ever worked of whether I am performing the test incorrectly.
Some general recommendations based on my experience:
1) Find forums, read forums, post for help
2) Find the (system!) manual of your model but..
3) Don't get hung up on your specific model. A dryer is a dryer.. a gas dryer is a gas dryer
4) Do the basic checks (power plugged in, vent clear, lint filter clear?)
5) Perform the tests via the CB per the manual
6) When deciding to open the unit get your tools ready first, not special except volt/ohm meter
7) Where gloves! the inside pieces are sharp and heavy. I had to stop working at one point since I got a big gash
The unit can spin without the door frame being in place and just the harnass.
9) Do connect the door switch, without that connected nothing works
10) take pictures when undoing a complex part, saved me many times
11) Look up youtube video's for guidance
12) Look at the return policy of the components you buy. I had to return 2 of the ones and that went without an issue.
I made this thread super lengthy because we probably all want to save money in this economy so I tried to document my steps as careful as I could which I hope would be useful. If anyone comments on this post I will see it and will keep an eye on if anyone has a specific question I could help with.
Thank you all who contributed!
I have learned a great deal about dryers
(I am a Linux engineer by trade)
Believe it or not, on the same day I put the CB in, our Badger 5 SINK ingenerator started leaking... NEXT project!