I am investigating a dryer fire that occurred in November 2012. It is a 5 or 6 year old Whirlpool model: IFR8200 made in Italy. Appears that the fire started in the drum but there was no indication that the clothes being dried were stained with any solvents, paint, or fuels. Two jackets with metal zippers were being dried along with pants and shirts. No cigarette lighters either. This dryer had a moisture sensing circuit but not too sure if the zippers could cause a short in this circuit. It seems the energy in this circuit would be minimal so not a likely ignition source. Lint screen and block exhaust not likely either as they were clear. Anyone know if zippers causing fires? I need to find out if there were any service pointers on this dryer. A schematic of the electrics would also be helpful. Can anyone point me to this info? Any suggestions or theories would be helpful - off to check t-stat opening temps.
Thx in advance,