Author Topic: Kenmore 3 or 4th soap dispenser, Disappointing value  (Read 1034 times)

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member
Kenmore 3 or 4th soap dispenser, Disappointing value
« on: March 24, 2014, 04:01:30 PM »
Hello

This Sears Kenmore Dishwasher has been a Lemon from day one.  Model 665 16059 402.
Under the first year warranty it had to have the main motor replaced.  It never was a quiet afterwards.  No matter how often I complained about it being noisy, I got no where.  I even questioned if it was a new motor not a rebuild, as the Sears repairman brought it in a ripped up open box, and he took the defective one with him.  Then it needed a pump out motor, thank goodness for the extended warranty.  It needed a soap/rinse aid dispenser as all the rinse agent would run down the door.  That repair was short lived as it had to be replaced again.  Some of the repairmen would put on a clamp-on amp meter and punch in some sort of code ( I believe heated dry ...Sani wash or something like that)  and the dishwasher would cycle all the lights. I would like to know this code and how to interpret it and what it means.

A little while  after the second replacement of the dispenser, we had the service man come and check the dishwasher for noise.  Some of the noise is during the wash (as I said earlier, never as quiet since wash motor replaced)  He said little to address that part of the noise other than it is a few years old.  The other noise he said was cavitation when it pumps water out??  We were not going to renew the extended warranty again, but I did.  GOOD THING, about 10 days later the dispenser failed again, not letting the rinse aid out.  So dispenser THREE was put on in in late November 2013, and it has FAILED again, not releasing rinse aid.  There is no warranty on the repair and I have no extended warranty any longer as it was too costly.

I am getting a new soap/rinse aid dispenser, but need some help as to the reason for so many of these have failed.  How to run the diagnostic test and what the way the lights blink mean.  A friend said there might be a reset button where you take off the toe kick plate.  Any idea of noise solutions.  Any tips to putting in the new soap/rinse aid dispenser.

We do make sure the macerator is kept clean by removing the lower wash arm and cover ... etc, as well as use dishwasher magic to clean out the machine.  We use powdered soap, have good hot water, our water is soft.

One of the repairmen said they rarely have issues with this model Dishwasher, but it seems I got them all.  I am disappointed in this unit, as my old Kenmore ran 23 years.

Is Bosch a better unit to buy?  This one is 6 years old and I am wondering if it is a dud?  I am going broke,probably with the cost of extended warranty renewals I could have bought a new unit.

Thanks, I know this is a long read.
ron3033

Offline kp10489

• Technician
  • Sears Tech
Re: Kenmore 3 or 4th soap dispenser, Disappointing value
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 09:36:13 PM »
Hi Ron to put your d/w into diagnostic it is heat dry/normal heat dry/normal heat dry/normal 4 times there should be a tech manual behind the kick plate as for the blinking lights I do not have info on what all mean. And as to why so many dispensers are going bad on you in my years of fixing appliances I have not have had that many dispensers go in the same machine i would be looking at the control. As to replacing the D/w if i was  to buy a new d/w today i would buy a Bosch only
karl putz

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 08:27:45 AM »
Thanks KP  I will try the test you gave to me.  Too bad the tech did not check the control panel in the first place...leaves me on the hook for a new one or a new dishwasher. 

ron3033

Offline kp10489

• Technician
  • Sears Tech
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 01:03:08 PM »
good luck Ron
karl putz

Dishwasher soap dispenser not operating to dispense detergent

Started by Bill

Replies: 1
Views: 2471
Last post May 29, 2009, 05:21:00 AM
by Repair-man
soap dispenser will not open, soap in dispenser, dished dirtier than before

Started by Rick52768

Replies: 15
Views: 11185
Last post October 29, 2010, 08:21:49 PM
by Rick52768
GE Dishwasher Soap Dispenser Does Not Always Work.

Started by candy

Replies: 8
Views: 2491
Last post December 12, 2011, 11:13:46 AM
by bigbuck
GE dishwasher soap dispenser works intermittently

Started by fanz

Replies: 1
Views: 1925
Last post April 09, 2012, 10:17:19 AM
by JWWebster
Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher model 66513469K902 - rinse aid dispenser issue