Author Topic: Maytag Neptune (MAH5500BWW S/N 74) - Water barely enters Detergent Dispenser  (Read 526 times)

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
I get full water pressure into the Bleach & Fabric Softener dispenser's but the water just trickles into the Detergent Dispenser when starting the Wash Cycle and I'm not getting any error code.
I also checked the Detergent Hose for a clog but it's fine.
When I set the Meter at 200k, I got a reading between 49-50 Ohm's on the Water Valve Detergent Solenoid (but no reading when set to 20k).
What reading should I get on the Water Valve Detergent Solenoid (P/N 22003245), I couldn't find information on Page 141 of Service Manual https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzIiBNwRIV4NZHJONWZxbUZFZ1E/edit?usp=sharing
MAH5500BWW

Offline Wilson13

• Technician
  • 20+ years appliance service tech,owner from 2002
Swap the hoses on the inlet valve to the dispenser, if you get full pressure to it after swapping the hoses Check for proper voltage to the coil if voltage is good then replace the inlet valve assy.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 09:57:03 PM by Wilson13 »

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service

Thanks for replying but I'm a little confused:Do I connect the hose running from the Detergent Solenoid on Inlet Valve to the Bleach or Fabric Softener Dispenser?
Or do I remove the hose from the Bleach or Fabric Softener Dispenser and connect it to the Detergent Dispenser?

Offline Wilson13

• Technician
I apologize, thinking of a different system, the unit you have has a single hose going to the dispenser assembly from the water valve, from there it is up to the dispenser powered by 2 wax motors to direct the water to the proper chamber if the water flow is good to one but not to another then the dispenser itself is the problem. the other obvious thing to check would be the screens on the inlet valve, clean them, do not remove them you will damage the valve.

Offline Wilson13

• Technician
One more thing depending on the series of this machine if it does have a secondary inlet valve assy.located inside on the back, the one coil may not be opening all the way, this can be checked by switching the hoses at the valve, after switching them if the water is coming slow to the one you switched the hose to and now full pressure to the detergent then its probably the valve. also a simple test while it is filling is to take a power reading at the coil while it is filling, if you have proper voltage,110-120, and you cleaned the screens, replace the quad valve assy.

Maytag Neptune MAH4000AWW Won't Drain Water / Smell

Started by mightymac

Replies: 22
Views: 24889
Last post February 15, 2013, 04:35:03 PM
by def
Maytag Neptune How To Drain Water

Started by spikedawg

Replies: 5
Views: 2597
Last post July 15, 2009, 05:49:57 PM
by jumptrout51