Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

Freezer way to cold!

(1/2) > >>

JaYz:
My freezer fan stopped working, so I popped in a new one, but it still wouldn't turn on, so I saw my mainboard had a couple of burnt resistors and swollen capacitors, but the refrigerator would run, just that the fridge part was to warm since the fan wasn't working. So I got a new mainboard WR55X10942. I did not cut any wires, since my serial number began with TA and I have freezer on top.
So I got the fan working with the new mainboard, now my freezer stays to cold at 10F at the lowest setting of "1". Fridge works perfectly, set at 5, I have 40F just as I like. Since its an old refrigerator I went ahead and changed the temp sensor in the freezer and the defrost thermistor. I did not change the temp sensor on the evap. Not sure where to go from here. The Encoder seem to work fine, if I turn it up, I can get sub zero temps in the freezer. I currently have it at "1" and at zero it does turn off the compressor.
What do you guys think???

schleven:
Normal temp in freezer is 0 degrees. Normal temp in fridge is 36-38 degrees farenheit.

AJ:
Is it working ok for you now?
Would be helpful for future references if we knew the model number.
Could you please take a minute to post the model number for us, thanks!

slumerichris:
Freezer runs off refrigerator temps sounds like board original issue evap fan failure and problem is solved. At mid setting fresh food section 37 39 freezer 0 -5 check spec sheet   
For settings and run times accurate ambient temps should be packing slip under front grille. Sensor evaporator probably a defrost sensor all thermistors he are same part numbers won't need be replaced evap frost up when that fails.

go400:
Look for an ice jam in the air returns

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version