Author Topic: 8183259 wire harness connection photo view  (Read 867 times)

Offline nafraz

• Technician
8183259 wire harness connection photo view
« on: February 14, 2014, 12:10:22 PM »
After receiving ccu#8183259, I have one connection left off, does not seem to connect to board, however it leads to ui, which indicates service, 4 blue wires, that run with 3 blk. uip3..model is whirlpool# wfw9400sb00. I should have taken pic. of wire connections, wire diagram is a bit unclear to me.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: 8183259 wire harness connection photo view
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 09:04:30 AM »

Hmm, can you point it out on the wiring diagram I have attached?

So the washer don't run with the extra one not plugged in?
Hope you find our website helpful.

Offline nafraz

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 09:59:38 AM »
Seem to be having difficulty opening up tech sheet. Had been running Windows 8...My gamming addict son purchased a more powerful tower with Windows 7. I will see if he can get the file to open. Just another moment of your time. While trouble shooting#wfw9400sboo I performed test for( machine won't power up), unfortunately this machine has been setting in a new log cabin under construction. When I removed lower front service panel I saw evidence of wire damage cause by a pack rat, yes I know I should have backed out then..(however refuse to lose) repaired damaged wires, plugged in and wouldn't power up, OK back to tech sheet. got power to the board, CCU ...did voltage test on uip3 pin blk. ( showed no power to ui ) so I sent ccu board to core centric to be repaired, due to weather there was about 10 day wait to get ccu back. when I returned to replace newly repaired board, I plugged in all leads, they all seemed to be keyed differently, so as not get crossed. Thus my problem of having a 4 blue wire connection that comes from ui board, that I can't find a home for. I do not remember having a loose harness when I disconnected the original board. When I performed voltage test on uip3 harness I applied blk. lead of VOM. to common and red lead to upi3 I believe it was suppose to read 12v on pin 1, 0 volt to 2, 5 volt to 3. Is this the correct way to measure voltage. I used analog and digital meter. I know that 4 wire blue harness has got to plug on to that board some where..machine will not power up with rebuilt board. Customer understands that with rodent problem....there could be other difficulties, I made that clear to him before he purchased the rebuilt board. Finally I have purchased rebuilt boards from corecentric before and have had no problems, Sorry for the long report, thank you very much for your reply. It may be some thing simple I'm just over looking cause of frustration, Neil

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 10:25:53 AM »
Tough one, would have to see it and follow wiring diagram. Got a link to core centric? Don't believe I have ever heard of them before.

Offline nafraz

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 11:24:42 AM »
ok AJ.
   on wiring dia. ui7.4-7...leads to uid4.1-4....I would think that board would have ui7.4-7 stamped on board, other jack inputs have wiring stamps on board such as uip3 which has 3 blk. wires, which I used to test voltage leading to touch pad assy. Unfortunate I don't have machine in my shop...have to go back to location. I'm not going to give up on this till I have exhausted all possibilities :D ...uid4.1-4 is a blue 4 wire connection  http://www.corecentricsolutions.com

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 11:31:18 AM »
Does the place that rebuilds the board send back your original board rebuilt or exchange it for one they already rebuilt?

Just wondering if you really do have the correct part in hand or not. Do you have a new one you can compare it to?

Offline nafraz

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 11:59:09 AM »
It depends on if they have the cores to rebuild. I ordered a frig board for whirlpool gold awhile back, with out having to send bad one. I guess the #8183259 part go out so much that they don't have the cores to rebuild, hence this time I had to ship board to have repair. Board I sent was rebuilt and shipped back (shipping free) with a remanufactured label on it. Thanks so much for your feed back. I really enjoy this site. Any positive feed back would be appreciated. Appliance trade has been good to me, I like to think I've been good to it! It's just not the $$ earned but the satisfaction of knowing you got somebody up and running again at a fair market price. O0

Offline nafraz

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 05:23:59 PM »
I was wondering if someone might have a scrap whirlpool frontload wfw9400sb00 or one similar that has the 8183259 ccu board with wire harnesses still pluged up and could post a pic. of the that. I know it is a reach.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 05:43:21 PM »
Have any luck getting it going?

Offline Maintech

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 07:33:54 PM »
AJ

Corecentric is one thing I can say that  Sears/A&E have gotten right. THey are a rebuild facility they do electronics and Trannys and maybe other things. They not only rebuild to OEM standards but to higher standards also. For CCUs they will look at failure modes of incoming boards and if they see a trend in failures they try to find a fix. I know in one instance they had a control for whirlpool that the same resistor was failing on 75% of the incoming boards so instead of replacing with the oem designated 2Watt resistor they started putting in a 5 watt resistor that cost .05 more since that change they have had 0 board failures for that resistor and a 90% drop in rebuilt board failures over all, they then showed Whirlpool there info and whirlpool change the board specification and thus had a signifigant drop in board failures. Overall corecentric has a lower failure rate on there parts then the OEMs do.

MODEL MVWX700XW SHIFTER WIRE HARNESS

Started by gregaguilar

Replies: 1
Views: 808
Last post January 09, 2013, 08:53:23 PM
by tgoods
Video: Whirlpool Washer Motor - Bad connection..

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 3476
Last post July 29, 2013, 06:32:05 PM
by AJ
motor connection

Started by frj

Replies: 7
Views: 2776
Last post April 07, 2008, 09:31:26 AM
by frj
Bellows Retaining Wire

Started by mf18nh

Replies: 2
Views: 1560
Last post October 11, 2008, 10:04:47 AM
by mf18nh
HE2 need directions on how to replace hose connection

Started by luv4myboys1

Replies: 1
Views: 1589
Last post January 24, 2009, 06:32:10 PM
by Repair-man
Maytag washer grinding/wire dragging on metal noise but inner tub won't come out

Started by markq

Replies: 2
Views: 3908
Last post February 20, 2009, 10:40:39 AM
by markq