Author Topic: The cat from hell...  (Read 1114 times)

Offline dentdaddy

• Technician
The cat from hell...
« on: January 25, 2014, 08:22:51 AM »
Let me start by saying I don't like cats in the first place, and I am very allergic to them. When I go in and set my bag down the cat is sniffing around my tools and all, when the owner says "he's just curious". I jokingly (but seriously) replied "you know what they say about curiosity" and laughed. He said "it killed the cat. OK, Butterbutt (insert dumb cat name here) let's get out of here" and he took it away.

So there I was, working on this guys Gemini double oven range when his cat walks up beside me, turns his backside to the open range ( I had removed the lower door) and SPRAYED the inside of the range. I disgustedly told the guy and he says "he did WHAT?!? oh he's just old and senile" and put it outside. Luckily I was finished or I would have left the job. He didn't wipe it out, and I sure as hell wasn't going to do it. I put the door on, collected my $$ and left. He was also leaving for work so I'm quite sure it didn't get cleaned up. His wife was having a party the next day and needed the oven to work...I wonder what her cooked food smelled like.

Damn cats...
Good work isn't cheap. Cheap work isn't good.
SW Oklahoma

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: The cat from hell...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 08:39:08 AM »
OMG that's bad. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Had a place I use to go to where the cat would attack me. The thing would chase me down the basement stairs and then sit at the top of the stairs like a guard dog, just waiting for me.
Hope you find our website helpful.

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • Fletch F. Fletch
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 09:10:54 AM »
I like cats and dogs. They usually keep me company when I'm working on something.
LowSL2
15 Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 09:14:00 AM »
I like cats and dogs. They usually keep me company when I'm working on something.

Same here, 99.9% of the time.
Hope you find our website helpful.

Offline Patricio

• Technician
  • Tight Lines
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 10:27:03 AM »
I have been to jobs where I leave the camper shell door open.  After one incident I don't anymore.  I get dog piddle on my tires quite often.   The other day I dog hiked on my tool bag just as I put it down in the garage.   The lady was very apologetic.
Great Old Fashion Hometown Service

Online RAH52

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 11:07:11 AM »
3 incidents come to mind .Once while on a call a "tom" cat got into the van thru a window and sprayed the back of the van ....very very stinky .Once on a cold winters day started the van and a cat had been sitting on my nice warm engine ...he lost permanently .While laying on my belly looking under a tall tub dishwasher a poodle humped my foot ...he loved it ,me ,not so much .

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 04:57:13 AM »
I'm have to admit this but to get rid of a cat sniffing around, I would "accidentally" step on the cats tail HARD AND LONG to get rid of the animal.  Customer's usually will not remove the animal and put them away while I'm working.  Works all the time!!!

Yeah, I may be cruel but the cat and the owner will forget the whole thing in about 30 seconds. 
Appliance Service Technician
Authorized servicer on LG appliances.
About 45 mins east of San Francisco

Offline lesguns

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 11:07:10 PM »
also the loaded with crap cat boxes in laundry room!!!

Offline Brent@CanBC

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 02:33:02 AM »
I got a small spray bottle,  one spray and I never see them again. :rofl:

One hell of a day & still going

Started by Jdm

Replies: 9
Views: 1204
Last post January 30, 2014, 08:28:32 PM
by Jdm