Author Topic: Samsung - DMT800RHS - How to access drain pump?  (Read 5654 times)

Online Patricio

• Technician
  • Tight Lines
Re: Samsung - DMT800RHS - How to access drain pump?
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 10:21:49 AM »
My experience with Samsung drain pumps are usually the impellers wear down, or the drain hose gets plugged from the tub to the pump chamber.  The most common cause is filter full of junk.   Sometimes a 2-bit piece will get stuck in the pump.     Never had to change the control board for a drain issue.
Great Old Fashion Hometown Service

Offline PacoDeGato

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 09:55:06 AM »
Dishwasher gave me the 5E again this morning after working fine for all of 3 days. I re-ran the cycle and got the 5E again, then on the third try it made it through the cycle.

Running it again now to see what happens... any ideas on why it would be sporadic like this?

Before I got the replacement main board I tried to run it at least 6 or 7 times I'd say, and it never made it very far into the cycle before shutting down, so replacing the board definitely solved something. However, before it totally shut down last time I do recall getting the 5E once and then it worked okay for a few more days or so before going down for good.

Of course, this makes me wonder if these 5E codes this morning are just a prelude to another total shutdown in the near future, so we'll see. If so, I'm guessing that there's something going on that is frying the main board, but that sounds like a major issue!

Offline niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 12:31:03 PM »
or you have a bad pump or a plugged line.

Offline PacoDeGato

• VIP Member
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 12:39:28 PM »
When you say bad pump, are you saying that coincidentally even though the problem last week was NOT the pump, now it might be rather than another board issue?

The pump was tested just this past Saturday and it tested out fine. Once the board was replaced everything worked--the pump was strong.

By the way, just ran it through two more times and everything seems to be working for now.

Maybe there was a small plug in the line that got dislodged... or maybe the board will be fried next week. I'll post again if there are additional problems.

Thanks for all of the info/advice, everyone.

Offline PacoDeGato

• VIP Member
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 02:03:30 PM »
FINAL ANSWER IS:

Small piece of plastic from those broken button/levers on top rack was clogging up the drain line at the end where it connects to the dishwasher... this was checked on the 3rd visit after the main board was replaced on visit 1, the drain pump on visit 2... it turned out to be almost exactly what I reported to Samsung in my initial complaint (I said small piece from broken button may have jammed up the drain pump itself).

Seems to be working fine now. I'm not even getting new buttons/levers for the top rack because I figure they'll just break again.

For what it's worth, it looks to be an easy job to get to the drain pump and the drain hose under the dishwasher though. Just lean it over, take out a few screws to remove the cover and they're right there.

Offline patrickg450

• VIP Member
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 09:45:46 AM »

Anyone else out there have advice for us looking to fully remove/clean drain assembly?

I have been trying to figures out how access/clean the filter for quite a while, let me know if you know how.

Offline Elevatorrepairman

• VIP Member
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2014, 12:13:34 PM »
Hey guys. This is the post I found when I was looking for directions to access my waterfall dishwasher from Samsung.  I took some pictures for the next guy.
My problem was a broken chunk of glass made its way into the impeller. Careful with the bottom flap. It has some little tabs that could break easily. The last movement once you've popped the bottom is to flip it up.
Also the pump, grab it and turn it clockwise and then pull out.  Your model might be different. But that's what mine was. And yes, you have to put it on its face, so put a blanket down and drain any water out with a sponge and bucket.
Cheers.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2014, 12:16:41 PM »
Awesome, thanks for posting!
Hope you find our website helpful.

Offline Elevatorrepairman

• VIP Member
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2014, 12:17:25 PM »
One more thing;
It's a perfect opportunity to adjust the back foot if you're out of level.
I had to detatch all the hoses, and take disconnect the power. Remember, be safe. Don't eff with it with the water or power on.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 12:17:51 PM by Elevatorrepairman »

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2014, 12:22:00 PM »
I found that wooden door shims work great too for leveling dishwasher with hard to reach back legs. Or even dishwasher with no adjustable back legs.
Hope you find our website helpful.

Drain pump replacement instructions for Samsung dishwasher DMT300RFS

Started by Pazman

Replies: 2
Views: 3854
Last post May 08, 2013, 12:11:32 PM
by AJ
Samsung DMT800RHS/XAA Would Not Pump

Started by Johnnytail

Replies: 0
Views: 1564
Last post May 28, 2014, 04:06:47 PM