Author Topic: Whirlpool Polara Range Error Code  (Read 6723 times)

Offline TechnicianBrian

• Technician
    • TechnicianBrian.com
Whirlpool Polara Range Error Code
« on: June 19, 2008, 09:44:38 PM »

Model #GR556LRKS0, this range began beeping and would not start for the customer then eventually displayed a, F2 E0 error message. Taking a look at the error list for this range, this error indicates a shorted keypad so the range is behaving as if someone was constantly holding down one of the keypad buttons. In this case, it happens to be the self clean button that has shorted. Because this console uses a membrane type keypad where each switch contact is an integral part of the membrane, the only way to repair a shorted switch is by replacing the entire touch panel, which I did, part # AP3176749

Just a quick note on the Polara range. This was Whirlpools try at a refrigerated range that allows a prepared meal to be left inside the oven cavity and cooled by the on board refrigeration system (think AC unit where the storage drawer should be), and then at a preset time, the refrigeration would turn off and the oven would turn on allowing meals that require long cook times to be ready when the consumer arrived home from work. A nice idea and really, Whirlpool isn't the only user of this technology, but I am not sure the idea really took hold in the mass market arena.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Whirlpool Polara Range Error Code
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 01:05:42 PM »
I once saw a 30 inch free standing electric stove with a refrigerator on bottom. It was pretty cool.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline llwas

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 06:21:09 PM »
I have a whirlpool polara range that whenever the oven is turned on the breakers pop. It is on 2 50 amp circuits. Any idea's why?

Offline TechnicianBrian

• Technician
    • TechnicianBrian.com
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 07:43:45 PM »
Sounds like a short circuit to me. Does it do it only on bake or when you use any of the oven functions?  If it is bake only, then you may want to remove the rear panel and take a look at the wiring to the bake element and make sure it's still connected to something and not touching the chassis. 

Offline llwas

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 06:50:02 PM »
Thanks for the input. It takes a min or so into preheating to pop. I haven't tried the cooling function but on all of the warming functions have the same result. I was just wondering if you thought it would be a short in the panel or somewhere along the way? Thanks again for all of your help.

Offline TechnicianBrian

• Technician
    • TechnicianBrian.com
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 09:03:25 PM »
The pause before the breaker trip is a bit odd.  The oven element circuit all connects to the P3 connector on the main board, so if you unplug it then start a bake cycle, then you could see if the problem is associated with one of the elements, or the control itself.  Short circuits can be a pain to locate and often require many trips to the breaker box, but you can at least isolate the different components until you find the culprit.  Make sure it is the oven only and not the surface units or the cooling unit.  If they work fine, then you are back to the P3 connector and the heating elements.

Whirlpool Polara Range--Bake, Convect Bake, Broil and Clean--no heat-no error co

Started by pjgrose

Replies: 16
Views: 2256
Last post June 27, 2012, 09:48:17 PM
by tgoods
Whirlpool Microwave F2Q1 Error Code

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 1362
Last post April 15, 2008, 09:57:53 PM
by TechnicianBrian
Dacor Range F1 Error Code