Author Topic: Did not think Amazon could get any better, but tonight Amazon proved me wrong.  (Read 1272 times)

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
I just happen to read this article online today. The same day my Amazon package did not show up. Talk about good timing.
http://lifehacker.com/get-your-amazon-prime-membership-extended-if-a-package-1484928834

As you can see from the comment I left at the end of the article Amazon extend my Amazon Prime Membership by one month because my package did not show up on time today.

Living in a rural area and not having a lot of local shopping option I have found my Amazon Prime Membership to be a blessing.

Ever since getting my prime membership last summer Amazon has been the first place I look for something and if the price is right (and it often is) I just go ahead and order it on the spot, two days later it's on my doorstep and with the Amazon app on my phone it's always easy to check Amazon anytime.

What's your experiance been with Amazon?
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline RAH52

• Technician
My wife and I have ordered lots of stuff from amazon.ca .Very happy with them .I have ordered stuff on a monday and got it noon tuesday .Amazon .ca has not got the complete inventory as amazon.com but now if canada doesn't have it you can order from the states .The only time I,ve had an issue was a product I ordered was not sold by amazon but one of its affiliates ...that took forever .

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
My son had me pre order a xbox game one time for him from Amazon. We end up getting it the same day the game first come out in the stores. Some of his buddies drove a couple hours the day the game was release to get it at the store, not us. :)

A few days or couple weeks later (don't recall for sure) I get a email from Amazon about the xbox game being cheaper now then when we pre ordered it and that they refunded us the difference.

I have found returning things through Amazon extremely easy to do too. Most often once the tracking number shows my return has been picked up by UPS my funds for the return are credited back to me that same day, before they even receive the return.

Offline Bailey

• Technician
We have a prime membership. Just ordered a winch/recovery kit. Got it in two days.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
Just had my Amazon Prime membership renew and once again I could not be any happier with my membership.

I first joined July 2013. Over the year I had a few packages that missed the promised shipping date by one day. Not a big deal, but for each package that was late Amazon renewed my membership by a month. So the first year of my membership got increase by four months!

This takes my first year membership up to Nov. 2014. My membership renewed three days ago and I was expecting to pay the new membership fee of $99 because on my amazon prime membership page it says...

On November 09, 2015, you will be charged $99 for a year of Prime.

I click on the invoice link and it says they charged me $79, the old price! Thinking it's some kind of glitch, typo what have you I check my visa bill and see in fact I was only charged $79 for another year of prime membership. :D

A few months ago I ordered a Carbon Monoxide Alarm from Amazon. It was to show up two days later on a Friday via UPS, second day shipping. Got home that Friday and no package even though the UPS tracking showed it was delivered to my front door. For one thing UPS always delivers to our side door, not the front. I checked with the neighbors and no one seen a package around for me.

So I contacted Amazon, via there chat and explained the deal to them. They said give it until Monday. They would email me Monday to see if I received it and if not send me a replacement or a refund, my choice and asked what I preferred. I said I would simply like a replacement if it did not show and would let them know Monday.

Well the original one showed up next day air via UPS that Saturday morning with a different tracking number on it. I never did receive a email from Amazon that following Monday, but Tuesday I received a second Carbon Monoxide Alarm free of charge. :D

I feel my first year of Amazon Prime membership has more then paid for itself. I was going to be happy to pay the $99 for another year, but heck, the old rate of $79 is even better.

I highly recommend Amazon Prime Membership and you can give it a try yourself free for 30 days.

Start your 30-day Free Amazon Prime Membership

Offline olyteddy

• Technician
My Missus loves Prime because it's 'Risk Free'. If what she orders doesn't fit or she doesn't like it back it goes, FOR FREE!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:05:24 PM by olyteddy »

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
I have only returned a few things, but all my returns have been 100% trouble free. The email I get about the returns say something along the lines that my account will be refunded within so many days of them receiving the return, but I always receive the refund the day after UPS picks it up.

I'm sure I spend way more on tools and computer stuff via Amazon then I ever would without it just because its so convenient.

Can't recall the number of times I look for something in a real store and couldn't find what I was looking for so I take out my phone and order it on Amazon, two days later I have it. 

Offline olyteddy

• Technician
And don't forget the free movies, books, music and TV shows... O0

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
Oh yea, the wife and I have watched a number of Prime movies too.

Offline olyteddy

• Technician
just when they couldn't do more... SUNDAY delivery!!!!   O0

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
Sunday!?

Wonder how it's being delivered, UPS, FedEx, USPS?

Is that your order, if so what part of the country is getting Sunday deliveries?

Offline olyteddy

• Technician
USPS. The Postal Service is trying it to make an extra buck. I'm less than 80 miles from any of the Amazon fulfillment centers here in WA. This is actually my 2nd Sunday delivery. First one was a lifesaver. Coffee maker broke Friday, got a replacement Sunday afternoon...Just in time for Monday morning coffee... :D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 12:29:12 PM by olyteddy »

Offline olyteddy

• Technician
A knock on the door before the Seahawks game and it arrived!

Offline scrapiron

• Technician
  • Service Tech Since 1974
Prime is the best! I just had an order delivered last Sunday. It was there before noon & I live in a city with a population of around 20,000. So it's not just major metro areas with Sunday delivery.

Offline Maytag Man 6725

• Technician
  • Technician since 1990
I love Amazon Prime. My only problem is that we live on a farm and all too many times, my package is transferred from UPS to the post office who will not deliver to me and requires picking up from the post office that is only open from 10:30 to 12:30

Unable to download a manual- what am I doing wrong?

Started by tcape

Replies: 1
Views: 1128
Last post March 29, 2012, 07:56:17 PM
by AJ
What is wrong

Started by jumptrout51

Replies: 7
Views: 1427
Last post June 23, 2013, 08:15:16 PM
by Wedgeman55