Author Topic: KitchenAid KUDS35FXss Leaks...multiple issues  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Captain Ed

• VIP Member
KitchenAid KUDS35FXss Leaks...multiple issues
« on: December 11, 2013, 01:37:34 PM »
We bought this new in 2011 and since then we have done NOTHING different. Same Cascade soap, same Jet dry. Softened water, light use once a day. My wife is the only one who uses it. 3 weeks ago we found a puddle underneath the machine by the front door. I took the kickstop off also and found a little water by the overflow microswitch. The insulation at the bottom of the door was wet also. We tried a few loads but the same thing. We checked at various times during the cycle and found suds in the bottom. Unable to figure out what is happening I called a repair guy. He came out and saw the light drip at times from the overflow switch are and also the suds. He said we should try and get rid of the suds and also said it may be from too much detergent but my wife has done NOTHING different for the 2 years we owned it. We did not put soap in the Jet dry and the interior is clean. No build up at the gasket and the gasket was good. Spray arms good. His suggestion was to use Dishwasher Magic. We did. No improvement at all.
 I did more tests. I took the full cup measure of Cascade and put it in the sink and tried to agitate the heck out of it. No bubbles. I took jet dry in a small drop by drop basis and man did it bubble up.
 I think I have 2 issues. On being a problem with the overflow float assembly but the machine is not overfilling at least it doesn't seem to keep filling. How high is the water supposed to be? It seems to engage the float but I am not sure. It was making lots of bubbles which I attributed to the Jet dry because I even had bubbles with no soap added for 10 washes. Is there a way to check if the jet dry dispenser is bad mechanically as well as electronically. I don't want to buy a 75 dollar part to replace it and find its the electronics. I have no faith in the appliance guy as he has no idea. I asked him when the jet dry comes out an dhow it actually dispenses it in this machine and he had no answer. Didn't know. I am already 85 bucks into this from that repair guys call. I don't know why its making so many bubbles however now that the jet dry is all gone the only leak I get is a few drops from the overflow float area and if the toe kick was in I would never know because the amount is so small.
 Any suggestions from the pros? I am stumped. Thanks for your help in advance. Its a KitchenAid KUDS35FXSS
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 01:44:15 PM by Captain Ed »

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: KitchenAid KUDS35FXss Leaks...multiple issues
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 05:54:33 PM »
Electric board could be making jet dry agent dispense to soon and to much causing suds. That's one problem.May want to see if something is loose by overflow switch.Powder soap is better than gel. And make sure no other soap is getting on dishes by accident. As this will cause suds. You can scrape dishes off before putting them in dishwasher but Better if they are not perfectly clean with today's soap. Finish quantum is one of the best detergent to use.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
KitchenAid KUDS35FXss Leaks...multiple issues
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 05:57:51 PM »
Also water level will be just under heating element.also jet dry cones out in a small amount in the last rinse cycle.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 06:01:59 PM by dab147315 »

Offline Captain Ed

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 06:57:57 PM »
The water level should be below the heating element? I'm thinking I have a control board issue maybe because if I remember correctly the water level was above the element and I even think the overflow preventer had risen up.Why wouldn't the tech noticed and tested that?

Offline lesguns

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 08:05:44 PM »
there is a nut and gasket under the float-may need tightend a little-look at parts view.

Offline Captain Ed

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 08:46:24 PM »
Hi Les, Thanks. I already did tighten it a little. Still a couple drops so tightening didn't do much. Kind of stumped.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 05:15:35 AM »
Did you check water level. Also look up your model number and look at parts break down and maybe Order part to see if you can replace that yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Online Bailey

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 10:05:42 AM »
Here is something I see often. Even at my house. Customers have a dish they think needs a little help so they hand was it at the sink with liquid detergent. Then they rinse it but not very well. That stuff is pure suds. My wife does it to her skillets.

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 03:14:34 PM »

A little cooking oil poured directly into the tub will cut the suds.  I agree with everybody else that the wrong detergent got in there somehow.  Are you washing sponges?

Offline maveric218

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 06:39:03 PM »
OK try this. Clean out the rinse aid dispenser. Then run with no soap. Let me know if this works. Throw out that bottle of rinse aid.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 12:31:36 PM »
What i see in my house is that there will be dishes in the sink and a bottle of dawn hand washing soap and they wash there hands and then later put the dishes in dishwasher.I can here the different noise from the lower spray arm as its goes around.And its not me.

Door leaks upon cycle start -- KitchenAid

Started by hsf

Replies: 2
Views: 1829
Last post September 29, 2008, 09:06:41 AM
by hsf
Kitchenaid kudr24sewh1 leaks from door

Started by iamstumped

Replies: 8
Views: 5090
Last post September 01, 2013, 08:31:29 PM
by tgoods
Sump Leaks on Whirlpool or Kitchenaid (KUDI02IRBL0 or KUDI02IR)

Started by jwicklin

Replies: 1
Views: 538
Last post August 10, 2014, 08:26:51 AM
by Maytag Man 6725
Chopper Assembly protector/cover stuck? Kitchenaid Dishwasher KUDS01IJWH0

Started by skip

Replies: 4
Views: 5474
Last post January 26, 2008, 04:48:06 PM
by RegUS_PatOff
KAD-9 KitchenAid Dishwasher Drawer