Author Topic: LG Washer won't power up,, again  (Read 808 times)

Offline Ben B

• VIP Member
LG Washer won't power up,, again
« on: December 06, 2013, 03:44:04 PM »
I have an older LG Tromm Front Load washer, Mod # WM2277HW s/n # 602kwhx05025.
In Jan 2013 I had to replace the control Board because it died. Nothing worked or lit and the LED on the control board would not light... So, with the new control board, it worked great.... for 10 months... then Bam. Literally, .. My wife was washing and I head a bam.. Later realized the washer was dead.. no lights no codes... Opened it up and the LED on the control board is not lit...

The tub turns freely and nothing "looks" wrong....

What would cause the control board to die prematurely? any suggestions to to check some other part before I re-order the control board?

Thanks,

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: LG Washer won't power up,, again
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 07:26:35 PM »
Take a close look at the filter (6201EC1006A) it is inline with the power cord. It allows power to flow to the PCB. It should be located along top of the frame (standing in front of the washer, it should be located on the right side about 1/2 way) mounted to frame. Make sure you plug machine in and check to see if AC Power flows to PCB Board. Check also for burn't coil.

Offline Ben B

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 05:50:06 AM »
Update..

I rewired the plug powering the washer since the original PCB replacement... as part of the upcoming laundry room remodel..
The circut is fine and it got a new GFI plug.  I checked power to the PCB after the filter and it was line voltage.. 121V...

The internal components are completely dry and show no signs of ever getting wet... The bottom is dry and a close exam of the dead PCB looks brand new...

So,, I purchased a used unit yesterday from Crigslist... $40 for the washing machine and low raiser.. The P/O said it was giving him an LE Code and he replaced parts but the code continued...

I put the PCB from the "used" unit into mine... and powered right up.. the red LED was on .. I did one load. fine.. it gave me the LE code on the second load.....

I had to go to work and my wife was going to do some more loads and we'll see how it goes....

I had received the LE code once or twice years ago with the original PCB installed... but haven't seen it since.. and not at all with the brand new (recently dead) PCB... I wouldn't think the PCB would "store" that info either.. I would think it would be supplied by other components.... so I don't know why I would get it now

Hopefully,,, this was like the original and it will reset and be okay,,,,

The story continues.......

Offline nolazach

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 09:24:42 PM »
I have a customer with a similar problem

I replaced their LG control under warranty.  Then go back to fin five days before warranty is up the board failed again.  Now hoping my warranty is honored so I can honor hers.

GE washer no power

Started by netdogg3

Replies: 0
Views: 2279
Last post October 27, 2008, 01:34:00 PM
by netdogg3
LG washer has shut down, no power

Started by Golfnut

Replies: 24
Views: 26912
Last post June 28, 2009, 11:05:08 AM
by Golfnut