Author Topic: Whirlpool duet WFW95HEXW  (Read 776 times)

Offline Cananot

• Technician
  • Technician for 13 years and still getting stumped
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Whirlpool duet WFW95HEXW
« on: October 21, 2013, 08:51:43 AM »
Ok this machine is kicking my butt and I need help sooo I'm asking you all for it ..first its a duet and it throws a code of F6E1 which is communication between CCU and the MCU cant be sent correctly ok that's easy I replaced both CCU and the MCU cleared the codes and blamo nothing you hear the relays at the MCU clicking but no motor turning stays like that for about 3mins and throws the same codes again wtf?!?!?! Ok so I noticed the door lock wasn't working right so replaced that and cleared codes again and stayed in diagnostic mode to run test I get to the third test which is C02 and nothing just stays there not working for how ever long you wanna stare at it now I ohm out the wire harness to thevCCU and MCU and all ohms out I checked the sator and looks fine no burned marks no nothing but the unit wont work what's the problem here ????? ??? Cause I'm fresh out of ideas can anyone tell me what's the problem

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • Fletch F. Fletch
Re: Whirlpool duet WFW95HEXW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 10:52:26 AM »
The tech sheet on these newer duets is pretty good for tracking down problems like this. You need to check for 5V at the MI3 connector going from the CCU to the MCU. You will also need to verify DC volts for various components like the UI and valves. Read thru the tech sheet and check every component. You nay have something that is causing a drain on one of the low voltage outputs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

LowSL2
15 Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience

Offline Cananot

• Technician
  • Technician for 13 years and still getting stumped
Re: Whirlpool duet WFW95HEXW
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 12:45:49 PM »
Ok I will check the readings at the CCU and MCU the only thing is I knw the valves are working cause that's C01test from the diagnostic mode and it does that but when it comes to the sator turning that's when it does nothing and throws the error but I will try anything at this point I even asked a friend that works for A&E and he telling me its the wire harness it needs to be replaced what?!?! So what I'm gonna go do is run some test wires to the CCU to the MCU and see if that solves it but I'm pretty sure he is wrong ..but keep throwing ideas out cause I'm stumped

Photos: Whirlpool Duet washer with bad bearings, only 2.5 years old!

Started by AJ

Replies: 21
Views: 33331
Last post May 23, 2013, 08:22:19 PM
by Rick32k
Video: Whirlpool Duet Front Load Washer Water Pump Clean Out.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 7033
Last post November 28, 2007, 09:58:47 PM
by AJ
How to replace a Whirlpool Duet washer bellow tub door seal

Started by AJ

Replies: 39
Views: 75118
Last post December 24, 2013, 12:16:46 AM
by GB-NC
Whirlpool Duet Sport Error f-01

Started by Ology

Replies: 2
Views: 7699
Last post March 10, 2008, 05:20:36 PM
by Repair-man
Whirlpool duet sport keeps on pumping

Started by hinkelberry

Replies: 3
Views: 1868
Last post March 10, 2008, 10:05:03 PM
by apptech
Whirlpool Duet Washer - F-30 error code and clunking noise in detergent area.

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 14380
Last post November 15, 2009, 09:34:58 AM
by AJ