georgiabowles@msn.com:
I would like to know how to replace the door boot seal, part # 12002533

It is full of mildew.

Model MAH3000AWW

AJ:
Hello,

Disconnect the power to the washer.

Remove door and front panel.

Remove the front of the old boot from around the washer frame. Just pull it off like in the photo.

Open the soap dish door on top the washer and remove the four screws in the corners.

Remove the front corner screws that hold the top down.

Now you should be able to lift the top.

Remove the lid switch/door lock.

Remove the front of the washer that you took the front of the boot off of.

You can not get to the back of the boot. There is a cable and spring that you will be able to just pull off. Getting it back on is a little tricky, but it can be done. :)

Hope that helps you out.
Let us know how it goes, good luck..

georgiabowles@msn.com:
Thank you very much! We purchased this to save water and yucky, yucky, yucky. I guess that after the exchange of the boot we will have to wipe it dry after every use. You are so nice to help with the project.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Georgia

AJ:
Glad I could help. :)

The Dress Diva:
Wow, great pictures.  I have the same stupid lemon, and I am tired of having the Maytag repairman come out.  We are attempting to replace the boot ourselves.  Big Mistake.  We have done everything as shown, except when we wrap the cable around and try to hook the spring, the boot keeps slipping.  What are we doing wrong.  Some thread somewhere said to put windex or dishwashing detergent on it, but doesn't say where or what that accomplishes...  We got the front of the boot on, but can't get the back to stay on when we try to stretch that cable to infinity to attach to the loop.  Any suggestions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version