Author Topic: Video: How to Replace Door Boot Seal (DC64-02805A) on a Samsung Washer  (Read 986 times)

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
Step-by-step instructions on replacing the door boot seal, part # DC64-02805A on Samsung washers.

Tools used: multi screwdriver, Phillips head bit, needle nose pliers, flat head bit, pliers, razor blade

The door boot seals the door opening. It attaches the front panel of the washer to your washers outer tub in the door opening. Door boots often become torn due to overloading. Once the door tears the washer will leak.

A common symptom of a bad boot seal is water leaking from the door of your washing machine. If this is happening, it means that the boot seal is not creating a good seal with the door, and will need to be replaced.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Boot-Seal/DC6402805A/2813214
Follow us on Google+ to see updates from our Google Drive and more!

Online afterblast

• Technician
one of these days I'd like to see them put together a video that shows the real story on this.. namely that most likely that washer is going to be in a tiny closet of a laundry room with 2 feet of clearance in front of the door before you hit a wall, with laundry piled on either side, and no room to move...   I think my main gripe is that I've never had the space to take the 2 screws holding the top on out the way they do in this... seems like I'm always leaned over the top using that gearwrench microdriver  :D .  oh and if it's a combo laundryroom/bathroom it's even odds that someone interrupts you to use the facilities...     

not saying it isn't a great informative video..   just saying I'd like to find this mythical grayspace that they do all these repairs in  :rofl:

How to replace a Whirlpool Duet washer bellow tub door seal

Started by AJ

Replies: 39
Views: 69301
Last post December 24, 2013, 12:16:46 AM
by GB-NC
Video: How To Replace a Water Pump On A Whirlpool Made Direct Drive Washer

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 7300
Last post August 10, 2007, 08:42:54 PM
by AJ
Video: How to replace the "Dogs" in your Whirlpool washer agitator.

Started by AJ

Replies: 1
Views: 9445
Last post May 25, 2008, 11:09:16 PM
by jean
Maytag MAH3000AWW Door Boot Seal

Started by georgiabowles@msn.com

Replies: 15
Views: 10132
Last post October 16, 2012, 07:51:53 PM
by bigbuck
Video: Replace Belts on Maytag Dependable Care Washer