Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

Maytag mzd2766ge Compressor Problems

(1/2) > >>

PotteryMan:
Hi there...

I have a refrigerator that has become a small hobby project to fix.  It was in a rental house and has been replaced.  Now I am trying to repair it as a spare.

So here is the deal:

Relay and overload were burned up on the compressor.  I replaced the relay and overload with new OEM parts.  It is wired correctly.  When plugged in the compressor will run for 15-30 seconds then the overload kicks  in and the compressor turns off.

Any advice on how to test the compressor?... or what I should test next would be greatly appreciated!

Patricio:
Take a hardstart kit wired to a 110v jumper cord & see if it runs.  If not compressor shot for sure.

PotteryMan:
Like a Supco RCO410?  And when you say jumper cord, you mean wire it directly to a wall cord and bypass the fridge wiring harness for the test?

Thanks

dab147315:
You just put in O.EM relay and overload parts and the compressor does not start.You said you wired it right.You just tested the compressor.BAD COMPRESSOR.

gscrandall:
dab147315 is correctYour compressor is bad.and Never use a Rco410 thats old school. All the new compressors are smaller horse power,it will only short to ground. You can try a rco810 or uro810 if it works It will be temporary. If your lucky 3-12 months.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version