365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: when someone calls you for service with a brand you never heard of what do you ?  (Read 83 times)

Offline nolazach

• Technician
do?

Someone just called asking if I do Jackson Dishwashers?  I took off today to have a day with the kids so I have all my calls going to the voicemail service and I screen the texts.  Someone called my appointment account number (which costs me $25 so I feel compelled to take the job) but it's a brand of dishwasher I have never even heard of. lol

Stupid people didn't tell me I would be charged for messages when I didn't take the call.

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Commercial dishwasher, stay away.

Offline nolazach

• Technician
I googled the company that that Jackson recommended, called the lady back and gave her the number.  She then called me back again..  now looking at $75 in charges for her calling me three times, from three separate numbers.  I told her straight up, "Ma'am it costs me 25 bucks when this number is called please call <business number> "  Arggh". 

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
Nolazach,  I have worked on commercial dishwashers.    Completely different animal from domestic dishwashers.    I have worked on American, Fagor, and a couple of other brands but not Jackson.    I gave up working on them,   your usually working on a floor that is dirty behind a counter of a restuarant or diner,  and most of them are difficult to work on.    Don't get started on it until you see if you can get parts.   0r help.

On another note,   I'd get it straightened out with that appointment company.   25 a call for the same call is not right.    Get on the phone and straighten that out.    That's why I won't work with companies like that.    25 a call is alot to give to a company just getting you the work. 
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Offline nolazach

• Technician
Yeah, I'm going to drop them, I was just trying new advertising routes, next month I may try prospect genius. 

Service calls from hell

Started by haroldsappliance

Replies: 19
Views: 330
Last post March 19, 2014, 09:00:00 AM
by Preferred Appliance
What do Sears technicians do with all the old parts from their service calls?

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 126
Last post July 17, 2012, 04:44:11 PM
by scrapiron
New Service Manual Download System.

Started by AJ

Replies: 14
Views: 124
Last post March 17, 2008, 06:37:56 PM
by AJ
What brands do you service the most - warranty work?

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 88
Last post April 03, 2008, 08:59:47 PM
by BrntToast
Old Maytag Service Manual - OCR

Started by AJ

Replies: 4
Views: 58
Last post May 05, 2008, 12:53:37 PM
by AJ
new service truck