365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: appliance appointment, anyone use them?  (Read 241 times)

Offline nolazach

• Technician
appliance appointment, anyone use them?
« on: October 07, 2013, 12:57:59 PM »
So I got a cold call the other day from this Appliance Appointment company.  After a long spiel I found that they have a service where they advertise for you, then charge you $25 per call generated by them that is for service.  They say you are only charged if the call is generating service.  But then said 67% of all calls lead to service work.  ( I guess factors in cancelations)

Seems may be good, but it can get pricey but you can pass that cost on.

Offline appltech

• Technician
    • Appliance Technology
Re: appliance appointment, anyone use them?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 08:26:13 PM »
Maybe it's a pride thing, but I don't want anyone generating calls for me. I have no idea how this new company will represent me. It can also become very impersonal between customer and company.

This may be a good idea for your situation, but it wouldn't be something I'd invest in.

Good luck!...and post a reply how this works out for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Offline nolazach

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 10:22:01 PM »
I don't know if I want to do it.

I mean $25 a call seems high.  I'm a cheaper repair guy, having to take 25 out of my profit would not be fun.

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 02:07:20 AM »
Service Magic -- They take 11 bucks a call,  however, they will send the same job out to 3 or 4 other techs.   1st one to get to customer gets call.    For one,  I would check out to see if this company works the same way.    25 to me seems high.    Let us know if you do decide to try this.   

I agree with appltech....... I don't want anyone else generating my calls.   I have always done it myself.   But good luck if you try it.
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Offline nolazach

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 12:17:35 PM »
I decided to give it a try.  Told them to cap me at $250.

Signed up yesterday, so far three calls, two are service one was a wrong number.  I was charged for two calls. 

Will update as they go.  One is a Frigidare PLD4375rfco and the other is a Maytag Gemini oven with a burner that won't turn off.

I am starting a new thing of asking customers to text me a picture of the model number.  It helps so much.

As it is I separate my parts by brands, so I don't have a full truck at all times.

Online jason1979g

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 02:13:47 PM »
I use this service for about a month. I did it calls but 1 lady called me and asked If i have a service fee, told her what it was said thank you and hung up and I still got charged for it. I called them up to dispute to charge but they would not give into it so I just cancel the service.

Offline nolazach

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 02:35:16 PM »
If 66% of the calls turn into jobs it will be worth it.

Advertising is the hardest thing about this line of work.

Offline nolazach

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 04:41:59 PM »
thought I could trick the system..lol

I deliberately didn't answer the last three calls.  (I have it routed to my cell phone and not my Google Voice office number) and one left a message and I called them back. But I see they charge you if someone leaves a message asking about service.

That can get iffy.  I'm thinking of changing my voicemail to "please hangup and dial <my number> thank you"  lol

I am surprised by the call volume in one day.  really surprised. 

I also found another "trick", if you log in to your online dashboard it gives you the numbers of your missed calls.  Could always call back "Sorry we missed your call, did you need service?" 
  I figure I would take ten calls from them during October and see if it is worth it.   Plus I gave them my throwaway prepaid credit card number that I use to buy stuff from China and other untrusted online sites.  So if they do get shady, I can just walk away. 

Online jason1979g

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 06:36:34 PM »

I also found another "trick", if you log in to your online dashboard it gives you the numbers of your missed calls.  Could always call back "Sorry we missed your call, did you need service?"   

Ya, but they dont show up on the dashboard right away. it takes a few days for it to show up. at least it did for me. all the calls are recorded and you can play all the calls you get back on your computer. so if they get your voice mail saying hang up and call another # it will be recorded.

I think there is a better company out there called http://www.prospectgenius.com its a flat rate of $300 mo no matter how many calls you get. same as above just cheaper.

Offline nolazach

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 07:59:52 PM »
no they show up in less than five minutes.  I've only been on the service for a day.

Wanted: Your appliance repair photos....

Started by AJ

Replies: 7
Views: 247
Last post November 08, 2013, 05:59:03 PM
by geebeegee
Weirdest thing you have ever found in an appliance?

Started by AJ

Replies: 46
Views: 761
Last post November 21, 2013, 10:02:11 AM
by ACEAPPLIANCE
Appliance Repair Resources

Started by AJ

Replies: 49
Views: 3938
Last post April 22, 2015, 08:49:43 AM
by tlzfixer
Appliance Jobs on Google Base