Forum > Tools, Equipment & Other Products

Wera tools?

(1/2) > >>

AJ:
Anyone have any experiance with Wera Tools?

After watching a few youtube video's on their screwdrivers and reading some reviews I decided to order a few to try.

Wera Kraftform Kompakt 27 RA Slotted Ratcheting Screwdriver, 1/4" Head

Wera 05051024002 Kraftform Kompakt 25 Slotted and Phillips Bitholding Screwdriver with Bayonet Blade and Pouch

Wera KK 10 Compact Bitholder and Bit Set, 10-Piece

AJ:
No one?

I just received my Wera screwdrivers today. Feel like quality made stuff.
The in handle storage of the bits is pretty impressive. So is how the shaft extends on the one and can be removed so you can chuck it in a drill.

The shaft on the ratcheting screwdriver is not removable, unlike my snap on ratcheting screwdriver.

But what I really like about the non-ratcheting Wera model with the removable shaft is the end of the shaft that goes into the handle is 1/4 inch hex just like the bits themselves.

My snap-on screwdriver with removable shaft is 1/4" square drive.

The way Wera designed their handle you can pull out the screwdriver shaft and insert other 1/4" hex bits directly into the handle.

Will try and post some photos of just what I'm talking about later, maybe this weekend.

AJ:
Almost forget about the shape of the handle...

The handle is a bit odd when you look at photos of them, but the shape of the handle seems to fit my hand extremely well.

appltech:
Haven't heard of them. Looks like a great tool set. I have to admit I'm a little skeptical whether all the moving parts will hold up. I've always been one to carry a few solid screw/nutdrivers haha

Let me know if they hold up!

snotbottom:
Absolutely love Wera drivers.  My tool bag only has Wera or Wiha screwdrivers in it.  Both are German brands either made in Germany or in the USA (no 3rd world quality here).  I like the Wera handles better, but Wiha has a much better selection of tips and bits.  When looking for a security bit set, I spent the extra money and bought one from Wiha and haven't regretted it once.

Wiha makes a large variety of tools, and while they may not be my first choice in all categories, everything is top quality.   For what it's worth, I find Chad's Toolbox out of Wasilla has the best prices on both brands most often.  Been buying tools from him for years now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version