365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: samsung authorized service contract  (Read 187 times)

Offline jason1979g

• Technician
samsung authorized service contract
« on: October 04, 2013, 05:10:51 PM »
got a call from samsung today asking me if i wanted to be an authorized service tech (subcontractor)

they send me a contract to review. it reads kinda complicated. dunno if its worth it fixing under warranty. 

anyone have opinions on this?

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
Re: samsung authorized service contract
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 08:38:45 AM »
Wow!!  They have gone down in the labor rates.  I used to get $110 per call.

I used to be with Samsung for about 2.5 years and they terminated my contract early this year because they said I was doing enough warranty work.  Watch out because these guys will look at your performance and if you don't live up to their standards, they will shut you down.

Their standards:  Make your 1st visit within 3 days of getting the dispatch.  Complete the call within 7 days of getting the dispatch.  On the 8th day and beyond, you will get dinged for taking too long to complete the call.  Too many and they will start drilling you on your performance stats, similar to getting your a** chewed out like an employee.  Parts take about 3 days to get to you.  Overnight is only for sealed system calls or you can pay extra out of your own pocket.

When you get your dispatch online, you have to acknowledge it and tell them when you will be arriving at the job.

When you get finish your first appointment and you need to order parts, you have to go back to the dispatch and let them know what you found and what parts you are ordering.

When you go back to install the parts and complete the job, you have to go back to the dispatch and let them know that the job has been completed.  Then you can go to the Warranty Claim screen and submit your claim.

It's almost like being an employee!!!  They don't care how many of your own calls you have, they want priority over everything else.

Good luck if you sign up but I would recommend asking them for more money on the labor rates.  A LOT MORE!!!!
Appliance Service Technician
Authorized servicer on LG appliances.
About 45 mins east of San Francisco

Offline jason1979g

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 09:30:25 AM »
thanks for the info. I don't quiet understand the chart they provided on the labor rates tho. with all the major/minor stuff. but i don't think i will be joining the Samsung team..lol

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 08:08:22 PM »
Major rates applies to sealed system repairs and washer tub replacements.  The minor rates for everything else. 

Stock major and minor rates is for in store units that hasn't been sold.

CI means Carry In rates.  That is if you have a shop that customers can bring in their vacuum and window air conditioners.
Appliance Service Technician
Authorized servicer on LG appliances.
About 45 mins east of San Francisco

Offline rego

• Technician
  • Quality Service You Can Afford
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Reges Service and Repair
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 05:57:23 PM »
I have been getting more and more Samsung calls because I'm one of the few who will work on them in the area.  I would really like some better training than reading manuals.

They seem to be translated from Japanese to Swaaheli then back to Japanese followed by English only to find it's a Maytag :P

Any thought's on online training?  I don't want to be an authorized service tech for them but would like to get better at what I do and quicker with what I'm diagnosing.  It's usually just fridges.

It goes for LG too for me. :D

Does Plus One offer online education to small guy's like me without getting hounded to do warranty work?

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 09:37:33 PM »
I have been trying to get training for Lg as well but without doing warranty and no response.

Offline nolazach

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 10:23:55 PM »
I have been getting more and more Samsung calls because I'm one of the few who will work on them in the area.  I would really like some better training than reading manuals.

They seem to be translated from Japanese to Swaaheli then back to Japanese followed by English only to find it's a Maytag :P

Any thought's on online training?  I don't want to be an authorized service tech for them but would like to get better at what I do and quicker with what I'm diagnosing.  It's usually just fridges.

It goes for LG too for me. :D

Does Plus One offer online education to small guy's like me without getting hounded to do warranty work?

Many of the New GE fridges are Samsung based, makes it easier to learn Samsung by knowing the GE models, as the GE manuals and service is easier to come by.  I did a Samsung today using a manual in here, saved me a lot of work.

Offline andyf80

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 08:58:10 AM »
Thank you guys for this thread.  It was right on time. 
I had gotten an application from Samsung as well and was in the process of filling it out.  The rates seemed quite low to me as well.  That, coupled with my goal of not having a boss, was enough to cause me to tear up the application.  I'd rather work less on my own terms than to work tons on someone else's terms. 
Thanks!

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 12:10:54 AM »
NO filling out the application for me either.   You may as well go get a regular job,   and let them take all the headaches.    Too little money,  for too much bullshit.   Hell,  the home warranty companies were less of a headache than this..   Not to mention the refrigerators are not well built and too much of a pain in the ass to work on.    You have to be crazy to sign that  agreement that is written totally in favor of the company.   Even if I was desperate for work,  which I'm not,  I woudl not sign on with this company.   
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Whirlpool will start offering training to non-authorized service companies.

Started by AJ

Replies: 16
Views: 251
Last post June 02, 2010, 02:02:06 AM
by bakeray
Want to become Samsung and LG authorized - How?

Started by AlphaApp

Replies: 9
Views: 484
Last post May 02, 2015, 12:02:25 AM
by wildimaginations
New Service Manual Download System.

Started by AJ

Replies: 14
Views: 155
Last post March 17, 2008, 06:37:56 PM
by AJ
What brands do you service the most - warranty work?

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 102
Last post April 03, 2008, 08:59:47 PM
by BrntToast
Old Maytag Service Manual - OCR

Started by AJ

Replies: 4
Views: 70
Last post May 05, 2008, 12:53:37 PM
by AJ
new service truck