Author Topic: Whirlpool duet has kicked my butt!!!  (Read 607 times)

Offline Cananot

• Technician
  • Technician for 13 years and still getting stumped
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Whirlpool duet has kicked my butt!!!
« on: September 28, 2013, 10:16:57 AM »
Wow this week has been an a week where I just got my ass handed to me I swear the units where laughing at me  and at one point I swear the washer kicked sand in my face  :( ..my numbers get monitored and I'm right around 89 to 96 for diagnostics and repairs but this week holy crap like everything I touched was wrong as you see from my posts man I only made the company 3,457.85 this week and my average is over 5,128 a week sooo not good ..I'm working on a whirlpool duet washer where I went there and it didnt do anything it starts you here the relays click and the door locks and that's it nothing else so ran the diag mode and throws me a F7E1 code which is a drive motor tach error so I checked out the motor and tach and all comes back good so I ordered the main board and the motor controller unit and blamo nothing still sitting there like a rock laughing at me calling me names so I go grab a motor and motor harness and put that in and nothing but the washer laughing at me yet again  :tickedoff: so I'm checking everything and nothing is coming up bad so after more time messing around with it I pulled the main power wires from the filter and plug it back in and it started to fill and thought it was gonna start the cycle but noooooo it just filled and hear the clicks of the relays and nothing else a freaking rock I tell you so I pulled the plug off the filter agin thinking maybe it will start and it went right into drain ugh !!!! So I'm just in limbo with this washer cause have no clue what is the problem???! Go to a whirlpool frig its not dispensing ice so I replaced the auger motor and still nothing I'm like wtf? ??? ??? So ran checks on it and I'm not getting 140vdc to the auger motor well I order a board put it in and now I hear the relay kick in but no 140vdc at the auger motor YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME !! Checked the light switches found a blue wire that was burned at the connector so I stripped it back and freaking nothing again wth!!!!! So its been one problem after another for me still can't find a manual of the frig only a tech sheet that AJ was nice enough to send me ..I have been beaten by a fig a washer and a stove ..maybe McDonald's is hiring ?

Offline nolazach

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool duet has kicked my butt!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 09:08:21 AM »
happens can't know it all.  do you thing there is shorted wiring in the duet?  I have had gremlin like problems.  I'm independant now, after being a partner in a company that did home repairs.  So I have the ability to walk away from jobs I can't get done.   But I hate when I get stumped.  The best thing about when I did home warranty is when I got super stumped I would just write in "recommend replace unit due to amount of failures" and I would be done. 

Best thing to do is back away, and think about the basics.  A relay noise?  before and after replacement?  What board didn't you replace?  Are all connections good?

Whirlpool mold in duet washer

Started by bigbuck

Replies: 7
Views: 1720
Last post September 27, 2013, 09:24:14 PM
by Cananot
Whirlpool should just stick to making fridges

Started by bathgate

Replies: 8
Views: 5143
Last post July 28, 2007, 12:33:44 PM
by jdman