Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

Whirlpool refrigerator Nbr: GS6SHAXML00 Icemaker doesn't work.

(1/2) > >>

tech718:
Hi,
I downloaded manual and went through the diagnostics. Removed the thermostat jumper prior to the ejector blades reaching the 10:00  position, and didn't see the water fill in. Checked the water valve and supplied external 120v to the solenoid and the water came in, find no blocking with the water line.

What should I check next?
Do I need a new Icemaker?
Does this model of the icemaker has a bail arm?

Please help. Thank you.

Will. 

Model GS6SHAXML00

AJ:
Hi tech718

--- Quote ---Does this model of the icemaker has a bail arm?

--- End quote ---

No bail arm on this one.

Did you try to bypass the IR control like we show in this post?

Video: See if your Whirlpool Ice maker infrared optics control is working.

From your testing we know the water valve is good.
If you bypass the optics and still get no water then I would go ahead and replace the ice maker.

Here is the ice maker for your GS6SHAXML00 refrigerator.

WHIRLPOOL Complete Icemaker Assembly (8 Cube), part number: AP3182733

tech718:
Hi Aj,

Thank you for your fast service. As you know I told you I put the ice-maker in the test mode and found out no water fill in. Actully, I looked into the wrong position instead of looking at right side of the ice-maker at 10.00 position I looked at the left side at 2.00 position before I pulled out the jumper that why I never see water fill in.
Then, this time I bypassed the IR control, the water filled in.  I also tested the ice-maker without bypass the IR control with the jumper and the water filled in, too. Disconnect the power immediately after the water filled. With the freezer door closed, reconnect the power. Wait for about 5 seconds, and then open the freezer door, and the LED blinks 3 time. Ice-maker bad? Please let me know what should I check next. Thank you.
Will.

AJ:

--- Quote ---Then, this time I bypassed the IR control, the water filled in.  I also tested the ice-maker without bypass the IR control with the jumper and the water filled in, too.
--- End quote ---

If it works with or without the IR jumped out then the IR should be ok.

How cold is your freezer? It should be around 0-5 Deg. F. for the ice maker to cycle.

If your freezer temp is ok then I would have to say your trouble is with the ice maker.

tech718:
Hi Aj,

Thank you for your fast reply. The temp. is set at 3 Deg.

Thank you.
Will.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version