Author Topic: Taxpayers, you deserve your money back!  (Read 640 times)

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline ApplianceGuru

• Technician
Re: Taxpayers, you deserve your money back!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 11:41:24 PM »
The government got "shut down," and to be completely honest, I haven't noticed at all.

I'm fine if they keep it shut down permanently.  I don't want these services, I never asked for them, and I strongly disagree with most of them.

Taxation without representation - This is when the government forces you to pay for a service don't want, never asked for, and often times they are services you are strongly opposed to.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:44:58 PM by ApplianceGuru »
Appliance Heating & Air Tech

Offline go400

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 07:31:03 AM »
I favor the military being ex military. At least they have a code of conduct, unlike most gov. agencies.
 Worthless ones are numerous, like dept of education, but numerous ones like dept. of health and FDA. are doing a good job and very necessary.

Offline nolazach

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 10:19:03 AM »
I hear some funny stuff in my day to day.  I was in the East (our lowest income area in a low income city) and in a scary place(lol)  and heard the tenants of the slum I was working in talking about this/

"girl, Obama done got pissed off and shut down the government"  "he wanted to talk, so he shut it down"  "I better get my WIC, someone needs to pay for my baby's formula <looks over at me> and my repair costs" 

Must be nice to not pay taxes and to also get paid more than minimum wage by the government, and still complain when your dryer gets fixed for less than $100. 

Offline Cananot

• Technician
  • Technician for 13 years and still getting stumped
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 11:52:40 AM »
No doubt nolazch have the same areas here and they praise the pres , the thing is if they stay closed that's gonna off set Wall Street and our value of our money I don't believe I should get fined or made to get health insurance cause he wants me to he'll they take enough taxes out of me now I can't afford to pay my bills now never mind the gov taken more money out of me I'm thinking I should move to a different country lol Bora Bora is really nice

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 01:53:00 PM »
Right now a petition for the house is going around to separate the bill.(Bypass the speaker as he will not bring it to a vote separate) If they separate the bill it will pass and all is over. Lets try and pass a bill 40 times ( which failed each time it moved on to the Senate) and if that doesn't work attach it to the money to run the country and they will have to pass it? My medical insurance has gone DOWN since this has passed by 23%. My daughter has medical because of it as well as my son. I wish I could get the same medical the Congress has for free.

My toaster won't give me my hand back

Started by Defender

Replies: 1
Views: 3316
Last post July 01, 2007, 06:17:06 PM
by AJ
Make some money - Allow users to reward you for your posts.

Started by AJ

Replies: 2
Views: 5265
Last post February 08, 2011, 04:01:02 PM
by JWWebster
Make money online at ApplianceJunk.com

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 2097
Last post December 08, 2007, 10:39:20 AM
by AJ
We are back online

Started by AJ

Views: 1259
Last post March 19, 2008, 05:35:50 AM
by AJ
How long before Whirlpool ask for bailout money?

Started by apptech

Views: 971
Last post February 19, 2009, 09:47:43 PM
by apptech
looking to get Back into service& repair

Started by williesanchez69

Replies: 4
Views: 1340
Last post October 10, 2009, 12:09:27 PM
by williesanchez69