Forum > Chit Chat

Tip of the day... (add your own tip)

(1/5) > >>

AJ:
If you want the job done right the first time and can do it yourself don't hire someone else to do it for you.

Wedgeman55:
I carry a collection of different color hiLighters.    When looking at a confusing schematic,     You can use the different colors to isolate different circuits (motor,  heat circuit,  etc)   to make it easier to repair.    Draw out the individual circuits in different colors and then it will be easier to troubleshoot appliance.   

AJ:
Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience.

krazytech:
Do NOT check for gas leaks with a lighter if you value your eyebrows at all. ;D

AJ:

--- Quote from: krazytech on September 11, 2013, 12:31:20 AM ---Do NOT check for gas leaks with a lighter if you value your eyebrows at all. ;D

--- End quote ---

Sounds like you speak from experiance. ;)

Don't ask me how I know, but I have also found it helpful to turn a range burner on as you turn the gas off.
That way any gas left in the lines can burn off after the gas is shut off. Just in case you would slip with your wrench when disconnecting the gas line causing a spark and ignite what gas is left in the line, not that it has ever happen to me or anything.  :P

Don't know what' worse. The looks of burnt eyebrows or the smell of burnt eyebrows, lol...

Sure is embarrassing though, or so I hear, lol...  :embarassed:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version