Author Topic: Dremel 575 Right Angle Attachment Review  (Read 146 times)

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Dremel 575 Right Angle Attachment Review
« on: January 21, 2015, 09:23:36 PM »

I purchased the Dremel right angle attachment to cut off the front legs of a built in dishwasher so I could remove it.

The subfloor and ceramic tile was built up so high in front of the dishwasher that it was impossible to remove without cutting the front legs off.

The right angle attachment not only worked great for cutting them dishwasher legs off, but for many other jobs too. In fact I find myself using my Dremel more with the right angle attachment then without it.

Last week I had a new kitchen faucet to install and was having trouble removing the old faucet because it was all corroded underneath the sink. I have used my Demel and cutting wheels countless times over the years to cut old corroded faucet sink nuts off. It generally works fairly well except for having to get the body of the Dremel so high up under the sink. Well with the right angle attachment on the Dremel it's a a lot easier to reach and a much better angle of attack with the cutting wheel.

It would be nice if it had some kind of guard to go around the back half of the cutting wheel. Something like the guards that come on larger right angle grinders. But then again any type of guard may end up blocking the view of the cutting wheel in tight spots.

It does seem to get pretty warm. Only time will tell if the heat is going to be a problem or not. I have a couple Dremels and both of the bodies on them tend to build up some heat too, but they keep on ticking. The oldest of the two Dremels I have is over 25 years old now.

The instructions to install it could be a little bit clearer, but I managed to figure them out. Having two Dremels I may just end up leaving it installed full time on one of them.

Besides using the right angle attachment with the cutting wheels I also used it in a tight spot with a small drill bit to drill a hole for a pop rivet.

The pop rivet gun and the right angle attachment took up about the same amount of space inside the cabinet I was working in. I truly don't know how I would have drill that hole other wise as my cordless drill would not fit into that same spot. Most likely I could have come up with another solution, but the right angle attachment made it easy to do.

The Dremel does seem a bit nosier with the right angle attachment on it. Between the noise and it getting a bit warm I have to wonder how long it will last, but for what it cost if I get a year out of it I will be happy.

Since purchasing it a few weeks ago I have probably only used it about a dozen times, but so far I'm extremely happy with it. 
Hope you find our site helpful.

Amprobe will be sending us the ACD-14-PLUS meter for review

Started by AJ

Replies: 34
Views: 6114
Last post July 23, 2013, 09:29:57 PM
by AJ
Fenix MC11 Multi-functional Angle Flashlight

Started by AJ

Replies: 11
Views: 4060
Last post March 10, 2013, 03:24:07 PM