Forum > Dryer Repair

Neptune Dryer Gas Valve Asmbly Power, Bad Booster, or Other?

(1/1)

PartTimeHomeRepa:
Tested the Igniter and radiant sensor, both check okay.  When dryer runs the igniter does not glow.  I first assumed the booster coil could be shorted (since it is in parallel with igniter). However, I tested for line voltage across Red/Black wires at the Molex connector and I never saw anything kick in (no AC voltage levels)...  So I looked into the other relays, etc. in line.  When I "messed with" the heat level potentiometer and other switches that are in line a quick re-test and it started working.  So, this tells me that there is something "flakey" with one of the other in-line relays or the temp sensor/potentiometer.

For now its working, but I fully expect it to resurface.  Any recommendations and/or experience similiar to this is appreciated!

Thanks.

RegUS_PatOff:
model number ?

Repair-man:
In my experience, this leads to a bad temp switch on the console. You can further verify this by consulting the wiring diagram in the top console. It will direct you to the heat circuit as a whole.  Since you mentioned tinkering with the temp switch and getting a positive response, I recommend you buy one and replace it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version