Forum > Washer Repair

WM0642HW/01 will not drain

(1/2) > >>

trentech777:
  My WM0642HW/01 washer stopped draining last night but I cant seem to find the source.     I'm sure I heard the drain pump running while performing the diagnostic test but nothing was draining from the drum.   I removed the drain pump thinking it would be completely clogged but it is clear and so is the drain hose.   I checked the resistance of the motor - terminal to terminal - and I'm getting 14.5 ohms which sounds about right.  The impeller spins freely also and is not worn.   I am at a total loss here.   I think I have no choice but to put this all back together and try it again.   Have I missed something here? 

trentech777:
   I put the washer back together and it worked perfectly.  It filled and drained like a champ.   I next tried the full diagnostic and this time the drain pump did not work - every other diagnostic test is fine.   repeated many times - no joy on the drain pump.     I suspect that there may be water leaking past the impeller shaft and shorting the motor out.  I definitely don't want to clean and dry out the drain pump every time I need to wash a load!   Does anyone know if there is a history of these front-loader pumps leaking internally?  In any case, I will check the circuit before disassembly this time.

wildimaginations:
Replace the drain pump.  Could be just worn out pump that will erratically freeze up on it's own. 

domain:
It is a insulated pump meaning water can not "SHORT" any electricity, :tickedoff: lol. Replace the pump motor if voltage is verified at the time of no drain function. You can also tap it with a rubber mallet and that may get it to spin, to verify it is indeed, that pump. O0 O0

trentech777:
Thanks for the help!   New pump is on the way.   'post  mortum' on the old pump to follow (too curious).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version