Author Topic: LDS4821ST - E1 error - poor washing - low water  (Read 1402 times)

Offline ispoonfite

• VIP Member
LDS4821ST - E1 error - poor washing - low water
« on: August 23, 2013, 11:14:03 PM »
3yr old LG LDS4821ST - within 10mos poor wash results and E1 error -> warranty replaced the guide assembly on the left hand side that goes through the wall of the DW.  That solved the problem.  3yrs later (now) and poor wash results again, sometimes the detergent is still undissolved in the tray.  Water is low when we open the door during wash - periodically it will throw the E1 error within 30mns of starting the normal cycle.  Ran the diagnostic for wash and it filled up pretty high and washed normally.  Now we run power scrub setting and sanitary rinse, for whatever reason it does not throw an error then, but wash performance is bad.  I'm thinking it is the guide assembly again.

Pulled apart the assembly on bottom & filter is clean and the main pump turns freely w/o noise.

sn:101KWPV01232

I am not certain as to which guide assembly was installed as this post by john63 references an updated version compared to the one that is listed on appliancepartspros:

http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=12453.0

Just swap the guide assembly or is there a way to rule out the board?

thanks,

kurt

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
Re: LDS4821ST - E1 error - poor washing - low water
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 07:45:33 AM »
It's possible that the water is leaking out of the dishwasher and reducing the amount of water to pump.  Is the drain line connected to an air gap in the sink?

I really doubt the board is the issue.
Appliance Service Technician
Authorized servicer on LG appliances.
About 45 mins east of San Francisco

Offline ispoonfite

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 09:06:37 AM »
No.  However I did reroute the drain to the underside of cabinet before connecting to garbage disposal.  I did read the other referenced post about the drain vent so that is why I also did the diagnostic mode, I would think it would drain during that time as well.

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 11:21:48 PM »
<<<poor wash results again, sometimes the detergent is still undissolved in the tray.>>>

<<<Water is low when we open the door during wash>>>

<<<Ran the diagnostic for wash and it filled up pretty high and washed normally.>>>

Strong indicators of either a failing (contaminated with scum) FLOAT ASSY (4769DD2001A) or that the original authorized "fix" three years ago---was simply a BUSHING (MBF62684201) added into the factory-original *defective* GUIDE ASSY.

If the Float Assy has contamination within it---the foam floats cannot reliably move up/down.
Replace if contaminated.

During the period in which LG servicers were correcting a problem with the Guide Assy---two choices were offered for the technician.
The first was the easy resolution---installing a BUSHING into the original *defective* Guide Assy (grey plastic plug).
More than a few dishwashers with this correction (Bushing)---continued exhibiting the same symptoms again---"E1" errors and poor wash performance.

The second option was to replace the GUIDE ASSY (4975DD1001A) completely.
Replacement Guide Assys do NOT have the defect that the original has---and is a permanent fix.
Since this involves a more labor-intensive effort---many techs opted to replace only the Bushing.

Offline ispoonfite

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 04:12:06 PM »
Thanks John & Wildimaginations.  I believe they replaced the entire guide assembly years ago, as when I returned home the 2" gasket that seals it from the interior was on the ground in front of it.

Do you think the float assembly looks gummed up? :)

Cleared out the float assembly & back in business!

Will order a replacement.  Thanks again!

ispoonfite

Washing Error problem - Fridgidaire Dishwasher

Started by malam

Replies: 1
Views: 2432
Last post March 15, 2010, 08:13:36 AM
by Repair-man
Frigidaire, poor washing quiz question

Started by tgoods

Replies: 12
Views: 2369
Last post March 18, 2013, 01:42:59 PM
by tgoods
Samsung DMT400 over level water error

Started by jason1979g

Replies: 9
Views: 3678
Last post September 14, 2014, 05:04:19 PM
by domain
LG Dishwasher with LE error code

Started by y4697

Replies: 80
Views: 107345
Last post September 06, 2013, 11:54:39 AM
by terror1
Frigidaire Dishwasher - Does not fill with water.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 5707
Last post January 15, 2008, 06:32:02 PM
by AJ
Whirlpool Dishwasher - Does not pump the water out.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 9067
Last post January 17, 2008, 10:34:53 PM
by AJ