Author Topic: Samsung DMR78 (DMR77) Dishwasher Repair Manual  (Read 27427 times)

Offline jsnwalkr

• VIP Member
Re: Samsung DMR78 (DMR77) Dishwasher Repair Manual
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 04:24:54 PM »
I'll check those things out, thanks!

Offline Kixtosh

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 07:26:37 PM »
I believe a 9E code is low water level error. It could be triggered by low water level, a problem with the float assembly, ( the part on the left side you were referring to) or a clogged hose between the float assy & the wash pump.
This is absolutely correct! It's one thing that is extremely easy to fix. I had meant to create a dedicated thread on the topic, but after some recent travels, I forgot about it.

Remove the dishwasher from it's installed location. Remove the metal cover on the lower left side of the dishwasher (two or three screws, I believe). You'll see two clear plastic assemblies there, which are both connected to each other. They also have hoses connected to them on the rear. The one you need to clean out is the sensor float assembly that is the smaller of the two.

First of all, remove the cover from the left wall on the inside of the dishwasher. This just twists off, but don't loose the gasket! The open and close directions are actually marked on the cover itself in hard plastic. Remove the hoses from the rear of both assemblies, held on by metal clips, as well as an electrical connection. The hardest part about this is the limited access to the area behind those parts. Then separate the two (this can be a bit tricky, but it can be done with a little bit of careful prying and pushing). After that, pry open the sensor float assembly (there are four tabs to be released so that the top can come off completely), but do not break it. Once opened up, it's a simple matter of cleaning it out thoroughly, and that'll be the end of your 9E code.

In some cases, the hollow float itself is to blame, so if you don't see some dirt in there to explain the error, you'll have to find a way to add flotation to the device. Some suggest using glue to hold some polystyrene inside the hollow float, but I didn't have to do this.

The next question will be WHY it was dirty in there. I haven't solved this question yet, but I believe it may the root of all the cleaning problems on these dishwashers. To investigate this, I suggest you remove the cover plate from the drying ventilator on the door of the machine. Is there any filthy gunk in there? If so, you'll have the same problem as me, and maybe we can solve it together.

Offline Kixtosh

• VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 07:33:04 PM »
... Do I have to disassemble everything shown in the second PDF to get to the pump itself?

Thanks
Nope. This is actually quite simple. Surprisingly, the quality of parts seems quite good, for such a useless piece of junk (I'll revise my opinion if I get it working correctly again).

If you have the service manual already, you'll see that there is an access panel underneath the machine. From there, it's very simple to get at the pump. Have you found any gunk built up inside the machine anywhere? What do the inside stainless areas of the machine look like? Are they clean and shiny, like most stainless steel tubs, or are they all stained with a whitish brown film of deposits over time?

Offline bricklin

• VIP Member
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 01:51:34 PM »
Fixed 9E error, thanks to this site.  :thanks:

Offline savannahdan

• VIP Member
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 03:43:46 PM »
I was having numerous 9E codes. It was the sticking float in the low water level sensor. I removed and cleaned it several times. It would work for about a month and then the code would come back. The design is poor and it really gets sticky and gooey inside. I could not get it clean enough! Finally replaced it. No problems for the last 6 months. Order P/N DD94-01006A, readily available from numerous suppliers. I enclosed a picture. The part in question is the white square unit. Fairly easy to change if you are the least bit handy.

Samsung Dishwasher DMR57, DMR77 DMR78 Service Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 3141
Last post May 17, 2012, 08:25:37 AM
by AJ
24in Built-In Electronic Frigidaire Dishwasher Service Repair Manual (5995293536-Update)

Started by whirlpooltech

Views: 3566
Last post March 24, 2008, 04:26:38 PM
by whirlpooltech
16026945 Maytag Convertible Tall Tub Dishwasher Service Repair Manual

Started by whirlpooltech

Views: 3033
Last post March 30, 2008, 08:49:30 AM
by whirlpooltech
Samsung DMR78 Dishwasher - 5E error