Author Topic: invoice app  (Read 933 times)

Offline jason1979g

• Technician
invoice app
« on: August 08, 2013, 10:38:15 PM »
A friend of mine sent me this link for an I pad app. seems like it would really help out a lot.

http://www.mpengo.com/mpengoservicecall.php
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:39:48 PM by jason1979g »

Offline andyf80

• Technician
Re: invoice app
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 12:28:38 AM »
The Ancient Post Resurrection Project 2013:
I wanted to give a quick nuts & bolts review of the Mpengo app. I purchased this recently after Jason posted the link.
On a scale of 1-10 I give this app an 8.  This is a tablet based invoicing tool. It gives a tech a way to capture customer info, provide job quotes, capture customer authorization (with customizable verbiage), associate photos with specific jobs, email invoices, and print various reports on all this data.

I've emailed back and forth with support already with a question and they
Responded within 45 minutes answering all my questions.

A couple of things lacking that would put this app over the top would be if it also incorporated a calendar/scheduling tool & Square Reader integration.  You can't have it all I suppose.

I was thrilled with the purchase & at $20 felt like it was under priced for what you get. It's makes my invoicing process much more professional in my view.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for the tip Jason.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 07:59:41 AM »
Hi Jason,

How does the Mpengo app let you backup and restore that data you enter into it?

Also can you manual access the backup file so you can export it to other programs if you want?

Thanks
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline andyf80

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 08:30:47 AM »
I'll need to wait to answer that in more depth once I get my new ipad as I've sold my old one, but know a little about this.  It's again an area that appears to be lacking. There doesn't appear to be an auto backup or 'cloud' option. It's all manual backup.
You must email a csv file manually that can then be used to restore if your ipad should crash, be stolen, or upgraded etc.
   There IS a way it seems to upload your rates & parts lists via csv import, but again it appears to be a fairly clunky process. It would be amazing if someone had the blue book rates in excel format?  If so, I could test to see if I could import all this data into the app.

The support email that I got did mention that there is an upgrade coming this month with new features - so it's nice to hear at least they are working on the app and it's supported.

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 11:02:39 AM »
I found a new ipad forms program and really like it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Tq7fIFZpxHQ