Author Topic: Leakfreeze Sample  (Read 1262 times)

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Leakfreeze Sample
« on: July 23, 2013, 08:33:45 PM »
I filled out this form online a couple of months ago and forgot about it.  A couple of weeks later I received a sample.  I tried it on a fridge in my shop.  It seems to be working good.  I'm not sure how fast it was leaking so I guess I'll see if it sealed it up.  It's much easier to install than the sealants that come in a can and the sealants in a can aren't made for domestic refrigerators, anyway.  The .5 ounce size is what you need for domestic fridges.  I don't have any stock in the company, just thought I'd post the link in case anyone's interested in the free sample.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: Leakfreeze Sample
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 09:09:40 PM »
Looks interesting and a good topic for our new board, so I moved it.

I have not been doing any sealed system work for a few years now, but this really looks interesting and I'm going to give it a try.

Free sample ordered, thanks for sharing!
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline go400

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 07:51:22 AM »
Will this stuff seal a bad evaporator leak in a refrigerator?

Offline go400

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 05:56:09 PM »
I did some checking, apparently this product is only for large HP units. Try it in a fractional hp refrigerator and you will
probably lock up the compressor. Only stuff I have for small compressors is "Super Seal ACR", but I have never used it. Most
of the time the compressor is damaged by a evaporator leak, or if it was a small leak there is still some uncertainty that the compressor
is ok.
 Hope someone has used this "Super Seal" and can give a comment.

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 10:18:53 PM »
The half ounce size is for fractional compressors.  I've tried it in a shop fridge that still seems to be working. I just tried it on a built-in Viking after unsuccessfully trying to find the leak. I should know in a few months if it worked. SuperSeal ACR 947KIT has fine print saying it needs a minimum 10 oz oil.  I think that rules out most domestic fridges. The Leakfreeze is way easier to install than Superseal.  Half the time, the Superseal won't draw from the can.  Leakfreeze comes in a syringe and you inject it into the system.

Offline go400

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 03:26:53 AM »
I used Supco88 once in a fridg and the compressor locked up. How do you prevent this, inject the stuff real slow?