Author Topic: water valve replacement on maytasg french door refrigerator model mfi2269vem  (Read 432 times)

Offline gregaguilar

• Technician
I have never replaced this valve  it is inside the fridge on the back anybody out there done this? Customer complain no ice I notice freezer dial set at minus 6 and fridge at 36 degrees. I figure maybe the valve froze. Water feed tube to icemaker ok give me some know how on  this repair. Water filter is bypassed and fixing to put a new one in. water to despenser kinda slow. system hooked up to ro but does have pressure. I read where they say dont hook icemaker to a ro system, why?

Offline Cananot

• Technician
  • Technician for 13 years and still getting stumped
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
There is like 12 models with that number need the whole model ..you bypass the filter head with a plug it sounds like the water tank is frozen if little water is coming out and the tank isn't frozen then it be your valve not opening all the way . The reason they don't want you to is cause the water sits in a tank and it takes the power of frig valve to pull water to the maker and some models don't have enough power to pull and maker will call for water and take to long to get there and cause error codes hence why frig comes with a filter  system cause the system sits under the sink or the garage all the pressure hits the RO system first then goes to a holding tank and gets pressure when's its full when its not then has no pressure to send water you have a flow restrict on that output line and that is what causes problems for frigs and ice makers
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 09:37:31 AM by Cananot »

Offline gregaguilar

• Technician
Cananot you hit the nail right on the head. I tried explaining this to the customer but to no avail, anyway I got an image on this unit and I think I will be able to dismantle the cover to the valve inside the fridge side. I really appreciate your help. Also I notice that when the dispenser started to disperse the water at the very first drops the water seemed kinda rusty looking and the customer also complained about this so I figured that maybe the valve has been on there too long and that would cause this, what do you suggest.Out here in west texas water is bad in some places. I am going to print your info and get it to the customer so they will believe me, thanks a lot and have a good day

Offline Cananot

• Technician
  • Technician for 13 years and still getting stumped
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
 No problem glad i could help...as for rust what kind of pipes do they have if its orange type sounds like red clay ? Don't know much about Texas but here in virginia we have very harsh water..but this is what i would do get of the RO system and have a line to the frig in that line i would get a filter from lowes its like 13 bucks and it is a white canster that hooks right to the main frig line i swear that filter will filter everything out i use them on ice makers for TGIFridays and Ruby Tuesdays it will last about 10months then need to replace it but replace the valve cause that's on its way out .the frig filter is not gonna help you in this area you need to keep it bypassed and get that external filtet 

Buying a new refrigerator - looking at LG French door model ?

Started by rkpatt

Replies: 1
Views: 1180
Last post August 07, 2008, 06:40:51 PM
by AJ
Kenmore refrigerator water valve replacement

Started by Rotorranch

Replies: 2
Views: 1893
Last post February 03, 2011, 02:16:31 PM
by Rotorranch
maytag french door refrigerator serice manual model MFI 2269VEM