Forum > Chit Chat

Appliance Repair Franchise??

(1/2) > >>

KFHAWK:
After 25 years of working in corporate jobs, I'm looking to make a career change.  I am strongly considering buying into and managing an appliance repair franchise.   I'm looking to hear from others who have been down this road and are willing to share their experiences good, bad or otherwise.  I am also interested in hearing what others may think about going the franchise route altogether.  Thanks in advance, and what a great forum!!

go400:
It really depends what the repair market is like in your area. I live in a good repair market, but I am sure many areas have a repair
 market that wants discounts and most use a web site like Ange's list or Google, or a referral. A few Repair companies here, went out of business as they
charged too much. Other sites like Sears or Appliance doctor are presently not active in my area.

Bailey:
Mr. Appliance kept calling me for several years. Finally I said give me more information. They wanted to fly me to Texas for a presentation. I did some research and decided they really couldn't do anything for me to improve my business other than raise my prices and charge a franchise fee.At that time I had been on my own for about 15 years, but if I was just starting out and didn't have any experience it might seem more appealing.

go400:
Bailey mentions something I found out. A worker that used to work for me worked for Sears. He found out that a lot
 of his co-workers were not that good, or lacked critical experience. Personally, I wouldn't want to work for a co. that
 has this kind of work force.

KFHAWK:
Really appreciate the feedback.  I've decided to attend the company's annual reunion this year to talk with some folks who have already taken the plunge.  Will update this thread when I return. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version