Author Topic: WHAT TO DO......  (Read 174 times)

Offline gonzales7727

• VIP Member
WHAT TO DO......
« on: September 09, 2014, 04:56:04 PM »
Hello everyone, i got a  couple of questions for all of you, My refrigerator went out a few weeks ago, i found a repair man to come look at it, he told me that there was a hole in one of the lines coming from the compressor, he said i would be better off buying a new one or getting a used one, because the cost to fix it would be more than what it is worth, i ask why cant i just solder the  copper line and ad freon, he stated that i could but most likely the compressor would end up failing cause it was running with no freon in the lines and all the " muck" would end up getting sucked into the compressor and causing it to fail.
Now my questions are,
!. Was he right and ?.....and if not, can what i suggest work
any help would be appropriated,
thanks..........by the way its a Amana refrigerator, model number ABB2222FEDB, that i bought brand new in 2008

Offline domain

• Technician
Re: WHAT TO DO......
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 09:56:38 PM »
sounds like he wanted to get the service fee and split. savvy. :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Online LowSL2

• Technician
  • Fletch F. Fletch
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: WHAT TO DO......
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 10:09:08 PM »
That's a bottom mount freezer refrigerator. They're notorious for leaks at the tube running in the evap pan. If there is a leak there, moisture has been drawn into the system. That's bad. I usually recommend replacing that discharge tube, compressor and filter drier.
LowSL2
15 Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience