Forum > Dryer Repair

My Kenmoore 70 series will run, but not heat up. I need help on diagnostic.

(1/5) > >>

Nathan Allen:
I cleaned out a lot of lint build up from dryer. I learned about the safety cut off that are non-resetable and thermal fuse. I replaced the heating element, but not the problem.  I don't know how to trouble shoot the problem. I am buying a meter tomorrow, so I can do this right. I need to know what readings, I should get on each part. So, I know what part is bad. Please advise any help would be greatly appreciated.

tgoods:
We're in the wrong category but AJ will move us.  Check the thermal cutoff on the side of the heater can. Around 0 ohms is good, infinite is bad. You'll probably find it bad, it's more common than an element for no heat problems. If it checks good, post your model number so I can pull a schematic.

Nathan Allen:
On my way home from work tomorrow, I am going to pick up a meter. I will test thermal cut off and get back to you. I appreciate your quick reply....Nathan

Nathan Allen:
Well, I ended up borrowing my neighbors mulitimeter for the day. I have no reading on the thermal cut-off switch. So, I guess that means that part is good. My model number 110.66722694. Please advise.

Nathan Allen:
I tested the thermal fuse and I have continuity on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version