Author Topic: Maytag Quiet 100 model MDBTT59AWQ issue  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Flori

• VIP Member
Maytag Quiet 100 model MDBTT59AWQ issue
« on: July 20, 2013, 06:59:11 AM »
Hiya, I'm having issues and I'm not sure what to do.  The dishwasher control panel is working fine, and it fills up with water, but then won't start. I just hear a three or four buzzing sounds like it's really trying but can't.  Switching the circuit breaker didn't work.  I've read that this is the circuit board and I've looked up where to buy a new one, how to replace, etc...seems easy enough.  BUT!  In the hopes of getting it to work I tried to run it and then drained it about 20 times; now the inside smells slightly of burnt rubber. 

So my question is, should I go ahead and try to replace the circuit board or should I call a tech for the burnt rubber smell?  I'm pretty confident that I could do it but I don't know if I burned the motor or something and I don't want the house to burn down once I get the dishwasher running again.  The smell isn't that strong, I've overdried clothes in the dryer that come out smelling worse; I'm just trying to save money but not at a greater risk than the cost of a new dishwasher.  What do you think? 

I've already checked, this model wasn't in the recall of the Maytag Quiet 100 series.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 07:03:08 AM by Flori »

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Maytag Quiet 100 model MDBTT59AWQ issue
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 10:52:09 AM »
I think your control board is okay.  It sounds like a bad wash pump motor, 6-919922 . Remove the pump cover and see if the wash impeller spins freely.  If it doesn't, check for something jamming the pump. 

Offline Flori

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 09:30:24 PM »
Oh!  Not sure why but I wasn't expecting it to be a different problem entirely.  Ok, thanks.  Tomorrow I will dig into the dishwasher guts and see if I can see the problem.  I will let you know.

Offline Flori

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 01:42:28 PM »
The wash impeller spins freely.  It doesn't wildly go round and round on its own, but I can turn it with no problems.  I cleaned out some bits of plastic from under the outer cover and put everything back.  I was unable to get 2 of the screws back in all the way - not the pump cover but the outer cover, still irritating though.  Anyway, tried the dishwasher again and same problem.  Not sure what to do now.

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 04:22:28 PM »
Those screws are different lengths, make sure they go back into the right holes.  You can hear the motor hum, so the control board is good.  You will need a meter to check the motor.  Check the main windings, blue to yellow and the start windings, blue to red.  Any continuity is usually good, infinite is bad.  The start capacitor may be bad. You can check it with an ohmmeter.  Touch the probes to the terminals.  Reverse the probes, look for a drop in resistance that immediately rises to infinite. If you want to throw parts at it, the start capacitor is the cheapest, 99002665. I've attached the tech sheet.

Offline Flori

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 06:51:02 PM »
Hrm.  I can't do any of that.  But I want to go deeper and take everything out and rinse it and put in a new start capacitor.  I'll need new screws for just about everything though - can you direct me to those too?  Sorry to be a pain, and thanks very much for your help. 

I'm going to try to keep this thread updated because it's maddening to find a thread with the same issue and no conclusion. 

Offline Flori

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 10:36:54 AM »
I've looked and it seems the start capacitor is a good bet for what's going on with the dishwasher.  But I can't find any instructions on how to replace it, only people who are ecstatic about having fixed their dishwasher for cheap. lol  Can you help me with that?  I tried contacting Maytag but they are useless: if they don't cut off my connection (phone, chat) they only want to send a tech.

I need some kind of instructions - mainly I can't figure out where things go.  I have the main diagram but I'm a bit newbie and I don't know where part 13 would fit into the motor.  Otherwise I'm pretty smart, I swear!

maytag quiet 300 leaking

Started by curtis2020

Replies: 4
Views: 1750
Last post April 18, 2009, 08:27:49 AM
by Repair-man
Maytag Quiet Series 200 stopped working

Started by RickiTikkiTavi

Replies: 4
Views: 3438
Last post December 09, 2010, 03:33:16 PM
by PARTech
Maytag model # DWU9200AAX

Started by Green95Hoe

Replies: 7
Views: 2477
Last post February 02, 2012, 01:31:19 PM
by theoldstoveguy
MAYTAG Dishwasher Quiet Series 300, some buttons work, others not (MDB5601AWW)

Started by Shotgun

Replies: 7
Views: 6570
Last post May 17, 2013, 12:14:07 PM
by AJ
LG Dishwasher Model LDF6810ST Shut-off issue

Started by vwforonda

Replies: 3
Views: 1356
Last post August 14, 2012, 10:07:18 AM
by AJ
Frigidaire Model# PLDB998CC0 Wiring issue