Author Topic: Calibrate Temp Sensor on Samsung RS277AC  (Read 195 times)

Offline Phobus

• VIP Member
Calibrate Temp Sensor on Samsung RS277AC
« on: July 19, 2013, 10:22:52 AM »
 :cheers: Calibrated the temp sensor on mySamsung RS277AC, so wanted to add it to the list. :cheers:

Found instructions on following thread : http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=9857.0 

Since I bought my fridge 3 years ago, it has never gotten colder than 40F in the fridge.  Eight months ago, I used my extended warranty to have a tech come out and he did nothing except say he keeps his fridge at 40F, Idiot.  He didn't even check to see if evaporator fan was running, instead was going to order a new main board.

Month went by and no word from company that Samsung used. Called Samsung and they were so annoyed at the company, they refunded me all of my money. So I basically had a free fridge, still didn't cool the way I wanted, but was working.

Two days ago I decided to find the issue and took apart the back of the fridge to find out if the evap. fan was working. I didn't think it was working, because I never felt any air flow when the doors were open. Little did I know the fan only runs when door is closed. So took it all apart and thought I found the issue when I saw the damper door closed and thought motor was bad. I opened it. looked at fan, spun freely, everything looked nice and clean with no ice so I closed it up. Tested the fridge felt no airflow and decided to order a new evap fan.  Found instructions on diagnostics, ran them and no errors showed, but still thought fan was bad.

While searching for fan, found post on pushing door switch to activate the evap fan...lol. Pushed it and the fan came on about 10 seconds or so later.  So that was not the issue!

Anyways, I started digging the web for a main board and tech manual when I came up on this thread. Read it 3 times to make sure I didn't bugger up the steps and one day later the refrigerator is at its coldest ever of 36F. I set it to 34F, but 2 degrees is not going to make me mad, since I dealt with 40+F for three years.

So again, Thank you guys for the great wealth of knowledge. The fridge was never broken, just needed to be calibrated. Thanks to a tech without tech skills, I basically got a free fridge and with this thread a well working fridge!

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Samsung RS2534SH set temp move up by itself

Started by krazytech

Replies: 3
Views: 544
Last post October 28, 2011, 11:14:28 AM
by wildimaginations
SAMSUNG RS21HD side by side freezer temp swing range?

Started by ting

Replies: 4
Views: 811
Last post January 26, 2012, 03:58:34 AM
by RegUS_PatOff
SAMSUNG RS21HD side by side freezer temp swing range?

Started by ting

Replies: 4
Views: 1072
Last post January 26, 2012, 09:32:34 AM
by RegUS_PatOff
Calibrate Refrigerator Temperature Samsung RFG297HDRS

Started by Minty1

Replies: 15
Views: 7902
Last post March 15, 2014, 02:26:05 PM
by Johnc
GE GSS25ksabb- temp sensor location