Author Topic: Whirlpool Topload FILLS THEN STOPS (SAWS800MQ0)  (Read 463 times)

Offline rockinrobin

• VIP Member
Whirlpool Topload FILLS THEN STOPS (SAWS800MQ0)
« on: July 16, 2013, 10:54:42 PM »
This Washer will fill with water then stops, the timer doesn't advance and I don't hear any noise (totally dead). I manually advanced the Timer but it won't Agitate/Drain/Spin. 
The lid switch is good.
Therefore, could it be the Water Level Pressure Switch, Timer, Capacitor or Drive Motor?
Please include instruction's and wiring diagram (if available) to check the part(s) for AC Voltage and Continuity/Ohm's.
 :thanks:

Online fairbank56

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool Topload FILLS THEN STOPS (SAWS800MQ0)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 08:32:32 AM »
  Sounds like the lid switch to me. Open the control panel and jump it out. If no go, leave lid switch jumpered, remove the cabinet and take some voltage checks at the motor connector. With washer on in spin mode you should have 120vac between the blue wire and ground. Also check between white/black and ground. If you have 120vac on white/black, you have an open neutral. Wiring diagram should be on inside of back panel (top left) or folded up inside the control panel.

It's not the pressure switch as that has no effect on drain/spin. It's not the capacitor as that is only used for starting the motor, the motor would still hum if it was faulty. Timer and drive motor possible but need to rule out wiring issue particularly with the neutral. Check the white wire and white/black wires at the motor harness connector and motor receptacle as well as the two connections on the motor thermal overload switch. Look for broken wire, burnt/corroded connections.

Eric
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 08:38:59 AM by fairbank56 »

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 09:27:05 AM »
Tech sheet attached.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 01:00:01 PM »
Might be a bad motor capacitor, The water level switch is working because the water stopped filling, the lid switch you sayy is ok I would check the capacitor. Also make sure the connection going into the timer is tight. Seen it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 01:00:36 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline rockinrobin

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 10:12:17 PM »
  Sounds like the lid switch to me. Open the control panel and jump it out. If no go, leave lid switch jumpered, remove the cabinet and take some voltage checks at the motor connector. With washer on in spin mode you should have 120vac between the blue wire and ground. Also check between white/black and ground. If you have 120vac on white/black, you have an open neutral. Wiring diagram should be on inside of back panel (top left) or folded up inside the control panel.

It's not the pressure switch as that has no effect on drain/spin. It's not the capacitor as that is only used for starting the motor, the motor would still hum if it was faulty. Timer and drive motor possible but need to rule out wiring issue particularly with the neutral. Check the white wire and white/black wires at the motor harness connector and motor receptacle as well as the two connections on the motor thermal overload switch. Look for broken wire, burnt/corroded connections.

Eric
I bypassed the new lid switch (that was a non OEM part) and it resolved the problem.
Thank you for your knowledge!

Kenmore Topload (110.24932202) Fills, Agitates for 5 Minutes then Stops

Started by rockinrobin

Replies: 1
Views: 379
Last post June 13, 2013, 11:02:37 AM
by JWWebster
Whirlpool Washer fills but will not wash

Started by printer1

Replies: 3
Views: 1712
Last post March 20, 2008, 01:45:30 PM
by RegUS_PatOff
Whirlpool Washer Fills Hot Water Only

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 2427
Last post May 09, 2008, 06:57:03 PM
by TechnicianBrian
whirlpool washer stops after it agitates.....

Started by spaceannie54

Replies: 6
Views: 2027
Last post July 13, 2008, 09:00:38 PM
by whirlpooltech
Maytag Atlantis Washer, fills starts stops

Started by crazeddad

Replies: 10
Views: 4528
Last post August 17, 2008, 09:57:54 AM
by Repair-man
Whirlpool Washer only Fills with Water