Author Topic: GE cooktop no model #  (Read 615 times)

Offline evergreen appliance

• Technician
GE cooktop no model #
« on: July 16, 2013, 02:16:48 PM »
Hello,

First off I would like you to know I am the office woman not a tech                                                                                                trying to order a part for a repair (with lack of tech's help) for a GE cooktop where the tag is missing to get the model #. I do know that it was bought at the same time the oven was Model# JTP30WM1WW dated 2008. The call was for a GE gas cooktop where there are flames shooting out around burner. Now the tech went out and found gas leaking out so he crimped the part where the gas comes out so it wouldn't leak (excuse my lack of correct terminology) till we can get the part. As I have said there is no model # to be found, the tag is not there and have a tech telling me without a model # he can't repair. Now am I out of line to suggest to the tech to shut gas off to the cooktop, remove part needed, go to parts house and see if they can match up part? It just seems extreme to just purchase a new cooktop because we don't have the model number. Am I living in a fantasy world of thinking that is a possibility? Or is the tech right and he has to have the model #. I do understand how many different parts on many different models, But on a gas cooktop where I know its a 2008?

Any help would be appreciated and if I find the tech was right in saying the only way to get parts is with a  model #.   I will no longer get involved and go over the techs head if he is right and I am wrong. I just have a feeling you should be able to match it up. I mean how many different things on a gas cooktop are there where you can crimp the gas off where its flowing into the burner?

Thank you,
Jeni
Office Woman - just trying to help a customer save money
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:18:43 PM by evergreen appliance »

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: GE cooktop no model #
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 06:40:33 PM »
What part is it?  Did you try a picture search on Repairclinic?

Magic Chef Cooktop model # 32aa-1k

Started by maypo52

Replies: 5
Views: 1256
Last post October 10, 2011, 07:37:12 PM
by whirlpooltech
g.e.profile cooktop model# jvb67h1bb

Started by kevinmac1956

Replies: 3
Views: 1422
Last post October 25, 2012, 03:55:25 PM
by AJ
Knob doesn't trigger ignitor on GE Cooktop (Model jgp389bev1bb)

Started by Mike Wish

Replies: 1
Views: 811
Last post July 24, 2013, 01:53:50 PM
by tgoods
Replacing top on cracked glass ceramic cooktop

Started by er

Replies: 5
Views: 10509
Last post August 14, 2008, 07:20:03 AM
by AJ
How to remove old cooktop