365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy! - AppliancePartsPros

Author Topic: Some customers you just don't want...  (Read 135 times)

Offline dentdaddy

• Technician
Some customers you just don't want...
« on: July 15, 2013, 08:49:26 PM »
Had a lady call this morning and booked her for same day service. I told her I'd call her before coming over and it'd be between 1 and 5. At 230 she called the office wondering when I would be there. At 330 I called her cell AND her home numbers, no answer to either and left a voice mail on each. I moved on to someone else. She then calls at 430 yelling at my wife that I haven't showed up yet, supposed to be there before 5, yada yada. Wife explains that I had left VM, etc, lady didn't believe her. I get there at 505, diagnose problem in 10 minutes (start relay on ref), give her a $225 quote before the work and she blows a gasket. She wants to know part cost, labor rates, diagnostic fees, the whole 9 yards. Bitches and fawnches for several minutes. In the mean time I went out to get the part and put it on. Shes still complaining even though she is fixed. I said as nice as I could "would you like me to remove the part? that will drop your fee to $75 and I can go on my way. A new ref of this size will cost about $700 new and you could probably get one delivered Wednesday or Thursday". She yelled "NO!" and tossed cash to her old feeble husband. I feel sorry for that old fart.

She should call $ears next time...they are booking 2 weeks out.

Venting complete. Gracias.
Good work isn't cheap. Cheap work isn't good.
SW Oklahoma

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Some customers you just don't want...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 09:13:27 PM »
I had one as well dead refrigerator. I set call for 12-2 and was at the customers house at 12:40. No one home,she called at 1:45 and wanted me to come back as she went shopping ( why buy food for a non working frig? )and out to lunch with her friends. I replied the call was scheduled for 12-2 and she stated she had a lunch engagement so couldn't be there. Why would you set an appointment KNOWING you would not be there, then get mad because they won't accommodate you?

Online andersenappliance

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 08:47:13 PM »
Happy to go back, but there will be a trip charge in addition to the service call.... :cheers:

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 10:19:17 PM »
The other guy in town got the call and surprise NO ONE WAS HOME. Then she called him and wanted to reschedule. He politely referred the call to another company. Guess who ME! Been 4 days without a refrigerator BOO HOO needs to be done ASAP. I told her I need to be sure that she is there and will call before coming both home and cell ,if no answer I will not be there. We shall see. I have been to service schools where other service companies get a credit card number BEFORE even going out and have "a not home trip charge".

Offline Joebeef

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 06:47:48 AM »
I had one last week.  Monday evening a guy calls for a washer repair...I told him I would call Tues morning at 8:30 to comfirm....I called at 8:30 and no one answered so I left a message.  About 40 minutes later I get a refrigerator call and I put them on my schedule which filled up my day.  The washer guy calls at 9:30 wanting to know when I will be there and I tell him I can't get there because a refrigerator call had come in....he starts giving me a hard time and I said I could get to him the next day.  Now he gives me an attitude.  I remind him it's not my fault he didn't answer his phone and didn't get back to me for an hour.  I finally told him to call someone else.

Anyway, he left a bad review on Google with a bunch of untruths which I responded by telling what really went down.....I just don't get some people.

Offline afterblast

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 10:15:55 PM »
friday last week had a guy with a no heat dryer who was 45 minutes out... called him, no answer on either of the 2 numbers he had, my office left him a 10 minute warning... then I moved on.     he finally called back monday asking why we missed the appointment. they explained about the warning ect.  asked if he wanted to be rescheduled for the next open  spot which was today.

sooo today I call him, get no answer, however this time I was only about 5 minutes away so I figured I'd just stop by and see if anyone was there.   get to his house and he answers the door with "we called a different service company, they were here yesterday, thanks for coming out"        :tickedoff:   ...guess I'm not to surprised he couldn't call and cancel his appointment since he apparently can't work a phone to answer it...

Online andersenappliance

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 12:05:55 AM »
So typical.

It a wonder we even bother to get mad anymore.

It seems that common courtesy is no longer common.

Sigh.

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 05:00:04 AM »
I have a policy.  I tell them when they call me.    I will call approxamitly 1/2 hour before coming over.  If they don't answer,   I will go onto the next job.    I don't have too many problems.     

Had a good one last week,   Lady needed her refrigerator repaired.   Called me in the morning,  scheduled her for 1 to 3 somewhere.    I call her at 1:30,  no answer.    Had another call close,  call again at 2:15, no answer,  so I go onto another call 20 minutes away.   She calls back at 3:45 saying she's home now,  I can come over.     Told her i'm sorry, can't come over.    She was pissed,  yelled and hung up.     Next morning,  I get a call from her asking me if I could come over that day.     I told her I was too busy.    Yelled again,   hung up.    Haven't heard back from her yet,  good riddance. 
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Nasty Customers

Started by schaffersapplian

Replies: 6
Views: 93
Last post July 28, 2009, 10:48:10 PM
by BrntToast
Do you call customers back after a completed service call?

Started by AJ

Replies: 15
Views: 253
Last post March 24, 2013, 01:36:59 AM
by Wedgeman55
Connecting your business with local customers

Started by AJ

Replies: 2
Views: 75
Last post June 08, 2011, 10:27:27 PM
by theoldstoveguy
Special order parts that customers never pick up?

Started by AJ

Replies: 4
Views: 51
Last post August 13, 2011, 09:16:35 PM
by theoldstoveguy
Dealing with customers...

Started by whirlpooltech

Replies: 16
Views: 188
Last post November 15, 2011, 04:35:50 PM
by rego
Elderly customers