365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy! - AppliancePartsPros

Author Topic: any advice on adwords keywords???  (Read 125 times)

Offline stocpro47

• Technician
    • SRW APPLIANCE
any advice on adwords keywords???
« on: July 11, 2013, 03:29:35 PM »
ive been on adwords for a month and i do get a few calls but 3 calls a week isnt cutting for me!and i didnt set a low budget,ive used all the no brainer stuff like appliance repair,and kenmore repair but i was wondering if anything in particular really kicks butt???greatly appreciated,otherwise i think im just going to shut it down on adwords

Offline andersenappliance

• Technician
Re: any advice on adwords keywords???
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 07:17:49 PM »
I posted some links in this post that dealt with search engine optimization.  Look through the blog I linked to for a topic on key words. 

The key words you use should essentially try to match the search terms that the customer will use when they search for your service.  Google actually will show these common terms in the search bar  as their algorithm tries to guess what you will type.  Try typing variations on what you think people will use, and see what comes up.

It is also important to put location as key words.  People searching the internet are trying to narrow down their results to something useful - they don't want Los Angeles repair services if they live in New Jersey.  So town, county, zip codes, neighborhoods are all useful.

Another thing to note is how people talk to you on the phone.  I suspect that very few customers ask if you do "Kenmore Repair."   Most of my customers don't even know what the brand name of their appliance is, but they do know it is a dryer.   Search terms like "dryer repair" are good, and basic.  Perhaps, if you are not limited in key words, you might try "Dryer not heating" or Dryer not turning" etc.  Those might get you results for people looking into their problem before they look for a repair person.

Use every possible variation, as well.  Stove, Oven, Range, Stove Top, Stovetop, Cook Top, Cooktop, Burner, Element, etc., etc.

Also, use competitor's names in your keywords.  If they search for Sears Appliance Repair, then your ad should show up.  That way, they might contact you as well, or instead of Sears.  If there is a parts house near you, put them in your search term.  Someone might notice you and call you to just fix it, if the parts house is not informative or the task is too much for them.  When I had my hauling business, I included the term "Got Junk" and all its variations.  That can get you exposure through piggybacking on their advertising budget.  All's fair in love & war...

Services are also good keywords.  Vent cleaning, Vent adjustment, oven cleaning, Air conditioning maintenance, Dryer Maintenance, Furnace tune up,  You get the idea.

You can also go with misspellings: Apliance Repair, Applaince Repair, Appliance Repare, and so on.  You'll come up high with the fumble-finger crowd.

Be broad, be creative, be specific, and you should get some hits. 

It is also good to have a good tagline:  "Great Prices! Fast Service! Ask about our Specials!"  Its generic, I know, but you want them to call when they see your ad.  Also be sure your number is in your ad.  If I recall, google only charges for clicks, so if they call you number before clicking on your ad, you get customer contact for free.

And be sure to have a google places page (free) and a google+ page (also free).

If you have a website, there is more to do.

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 08:03:08 PM »
Oh yeah,

A high budget only puts money in Google's pocket.  Just try to be higher than your competitor.  You just want to edge him out.

Also, massage your budget.  Don't advertise when you won't be answering the phone (9:00pm to 6:00am).  People are searching when they want to act, not for tomorrow, so you waste your money on off hours.

You can also create a variety of sub-ad programs.  People will call when they get to work, on lunch breaks, and after work.  Specify those hours for higher per click payments, and lower for the off-hours. 

Also set an ad program as cheap as possible, but almost unlimited in number for later in the day.  Your competitors will run out of ad clicks at their high price and will fall away, while you will continue with the cheap clicks for the rest of the day.  Cancel your ads on holidays and Sundays (possibly) or any day that you are not working.  If you get a glut of business for the week, suspend your ad to save money.

You can work the ads in a custom way to target your potential customers, beat out your competitors, and reach people when you are ready to act.

Offline stocpro47

• Technician
    • SRW APPLIANCE
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 08:22:29 PM »
much thanks for all the info   at least i have something to work with!well ill go read the post then go to my keywords and try some of these ideas,ill report back

Offline schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 09:53:43 PM »
Andersonappliance is right on.  I had 250 keywords when i was running my campaigns. I also had many different ads and you can track which keywords and which ads are working. Adwords has a ton of tools and tutorials. Use them. You can also find other forums that specialize in seo, adwords, and more.  Read, read, read... then try different things and track your results. I also used the map tool to only show ads in my area. Good luck!
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"

Offline stocpro47

• Technician
    • SRW APPLIANCE
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 07:47:07 PM »
whats a typical daily budget?    i keep mine between 6 to 10 dol

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 08:00:23 PM »
I can't remember what my budget was back in the day.  I quit adwords when the call volume changed drastically, but the cost did  not.  I usually paid right around a hundred dollars a month.  Then the calls stopped coming in, but the charges remained the same ~$100/mo.  It seemed suspicious, and literally, all I was getting from the internet was sales calls.  But that was my cleaning business.  I may start up some campaigns again soon, and see how it goes.

I set a campaign of medium price for the work day, with a second one higher priced for the lunch hour and from 8:30-9:30am - when I thought people would be at work, messing around over coffee.  Then I had a third one that started about 3pm and went until 9pm that was the lowest price possible, so I could pick up clicks when others budgets had dropped them out.

Offline schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 11:02:14 PM »
Where i am at, you have to bid $10 a click to be on the first page. Lots of competition. My average click was $6. That was pretty much always on the first page. I set my budget at $50 a day and was getting about 8 clicks and usually about 4 jobs. It was worth it to me to pay $50 a day to get 3 or 4 calls. In my opinion, you have to bid high in order to get o  the first page for adwords to be effective. That said, you need to make sure your ads are bringing the calls you want before you raise your daily budget.
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"

Offline stocpro47

• Technician
    • SRW APPLIANCE
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 07:21:25 AM »
thanks for all  the advice guys!big help.......ok   im going to try increasing my budget to 50 a day,there is competition here too so im going to have to pay to play with some of the big boys,i  feel i had my budget set way to low,,,

Offline sofloappliance

• Technician
    • Treasure Coast Appliance Repair
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 10:09:31 AM »
The best advice anyone ever gave me is too look at Adwords as an investment, if you set out into your campaign strong at first you'll get better Click Through Rate(CTR), the higher your CTR the lower your Cost Per Click(CPC), users click relevant webpages and Adwords rewards relevancy. Google does not want a bunch of crap websites on its sponsored results list, but their a business to make money and they don't turn anybody down, they simply raise the price (unless of course your blacklisted with spam or spyware). I have been taught that the best way to go into Adwords is strong, high budget, high CPC, and the result is higher ranked pages that get more clicks, as the CTR increases your Estimated Top of Page Bid decreases.

Adwords is responsible for about 50% of the work that I do, and in my honest opinion their advertising system is second to none, besides good old fashioned referrals.

Advice Needed On Walk-In Cooler/Freezer

Started by iceman

Replies: 3
Views: 53
Last post January 17, 2012, 01:40:35 PM
by bigbuck
Advice from my savvy social networking friends

Started by Ronyeager

Replies: 31
Views: 176
Last post December 10, 2011, 12:22:39 AM
by Ronyeager