Author Topic: Maytag MAH8700AWW Code ND Not Draining  (Read 1264 times)

Offline ibrw1

• VIP Member
Maytag MAH8700AWW Code ND Not Draining
« on: July 09, 2013, 11:57:14 AM »
Model   mah8700aww,
Serial   15741100JC

ND code, not draining, water in tub. Washer stops at 9 minutes, every time.

Hose is free of obstructions, lay hose on floor, empties the washer, fast,  (No Kinks)
Removed Pump, Pump impeller spins free, no obstructions.
Washer stops at 9 minutes remaining, door locked, cant open door.
Using test function I force output on to drain washer, washer drains and continues to drain until pump is sucking air.
Door unlocks.

I sat in front of the washer and performed tests, several times. Fails almost always.

I replaced the Pump with new OEM pump on EBAY new in the box for about 71 dollars! It appeared that the Pump seal failed, water was inside the electrical portion of the motor,  Anyway, New OEM Pump, still fails.. Stops at 9 minutes.

As a test I ran washer run with no clothes, Fills, washes, empties, fills, rinses, stops at 9 minutes. then after about an hour, still at 9 minutes, door locked, washer full. Manually empty on with another test.

Best guess, relay contacts or coil bad or soldering required to fix bad connection. Would love either a full schematic electrical or electronic as I am electrically and electronically inclined and feel that just about anything can be fixed.

What relay is responsible for the pump drain? Is the relay or soldering of the relay a common issue? or the micro-controller?
Any pointers from the Appliance Jedi guru's would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Spannerwrench

• Technician
Re: Maytag MAH8700AWW Code ND Not Draining
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 05:08:00 PM »

Offline Zilog

• VIP Member
Re: Maytag MAH8700AWW Code ND Not Draining
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 04:03:53 PM »
MAH8700AWW Neptune
I have spent weeks investigating this issue as well. I am more than qualified to make these statements, ALTHOUGH everyone makes mistakes!

If the PUMP motor is new or newly replaced and the hose is free of obstructions then you are in for one heck of a ride!
Replace your Control Board. Its not a bad solder or cold solder joint, nor is it a relay. What it is, is your need to look for a new washer.

I called, emailed ALL the part stores, they told me that the recalled or bad control board is no longer available and that the new replacement board has been on order for several months. No ship dates. looks real bad.  (Who Knows)

Control boards are not available anywhere, control boards are not repairable, they are potted with a clear rubber like substance. I contacted
ALL the sites that repair appliance boards, this one is on the endangered PC list. Several Maytag boards are repairable, this one is NOT, this control board is actually 2 boards sandwiched together, the display and input board is repairable, but that is not where the issue is. It is the control board (Potted) that is the culprit.

I was so proud when I made a go around for the not draining issue, basically a delay off relay that if triggered externally when the drain cycle is requested that it would drain, and it does, but that is not the only issue, you must also leave the control board outside the washer because the original issue is heat related. Yes, the other sequences like spin fast to remove the excess moisture will not work.

So I called a Super Tech, GREAT GUY, he was honest, knowledgeable, humble and apologetic, he confirmed my findings, he said you can try ebay for used control boards, but you can just about bet that it will have the flawed design and it will provide the exact same results, right out of the box.

Who knows, take all this with a grain of salt or food for thought because I am not a paid professional, (AKA Ringer) just a guy who attempted to save a nickel rather then chuck the thing onto the curb when a wingdingler or wiggling pin fell out of the wobbling shaft.  Heh Heh

CYA

donate
$1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50

Maytag Neptune MAH8700AWW ND code - replaced drain pump

Started by slmorgan99

Replies: 3
Views: 3697
Last post September 10, 2012, 09:58:00 AM
by Bailey
Maytag Neptune MAH8700AWW with ND code

Started by rs92777

Replies: 1