Author Topic: LG Dishwasher not working- No display, does not power on  (Read 1499 times)

Offline George Audisio

• VIP Member
Recently my LG Dishwasher stopped working and has not power or display. First I checked main power by removing the bottom panel. I metered 120v at the junction box. I then removed the door assembly and main PCB. When I meter the white plug in the upper right I'm getting 120v on the wire. I assumed the board was bad and pulled it out finding the pn to be 6871DD1006D. When I went to find a replacement, I was told the replacement pn is 6871DD1006H. When I received the new main PCB (1006H) and plugged everything in, it still had the same symptoms. Can anyone steer me towards a next step. Again, I verified 120v coming in from the wiring harness.

Thanks,

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
Re: LG Dishwasher not working- No display, does not power on
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 06:34:19 AM »
You may have a bad display board and is not communicating to the control board.
Appliance Service Technician
Authorized servicer on LG appliances.
About 45 mins east of San Francisco

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 12:13:37 PM »
The Model and Serial Numbers are needed---to identify fault.

Offline George Audisio

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 09:13:29 PM »
I believe the model number is LDF6920ST. I cannot find the serial number as I have yet to remove the unit from under the cabinet to get at its right side. Since the original post I have purchased a display board. Today when I attempted to plug in the new display board I accidentally reconnected the original display board to the new main board. At first I got nothing and was discouraged because usually this model can be turned on even if the door is unlatched (it has a top view display panel which is hidden when the door is closed). So as last attempt, I closed the latching mechanism to the locked position tripping both toggle switches. The classic chime went on and I got excited. I then opened the door and assumed the latching mechanism needed to be closed at least for the initial program to work. Put the cover and door back together and closed it again and this time nothing happened. ????

I'm back to square one. I retested incoming power from the whit plug and now I'm not getting 120 which I know I was getting before. Checked for any frayed wires underneath the bend of the door and throughout. Did not find anything. Using a meter at the white plug end, I'm getting 120 to ground but when I meter to the black and white wire directly on the plug I'm getting only 36-40v. I'm assuming the power to come in directly from the bottom to the white plug end. Where am I losing voltage?? Or is there something in between? Does the 120 go to the noise filter and come into the main board at 36-40 volts? Is there some step down transformer between the incoming AC and the white plug which goes to the main board? HELP! I'm already into about $225.00 and to make matters worse after all this I noticed I used the original display board possibly frying the main board again. Even so, this would not cause the incoming power to be so low as I'm metering it without the main board plugged in.  Confused and frustrated.

Offline George Audisio

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 09:16:56 PM »
Its also possible that I was not getting 120 before as I did not use a meter and used a voltage detector which rings on the 36 volts. Regardless, I am where I am- 36 volts at the white connector/plug. 120 to ground from the black wire on the white connector.

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 11:51:54 PM »
<<<I cannot find the serial number as I have yet to remove the unit from under the cabinet to get at its right side.>>>

Use a mirror and flashlight:)

Eurotech Dishwasher Broken Power Button

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 2650
Last post April 14, 2008, 10:04:51 PM
by TechnicianBrian
Frigidaire Dishwasher Display CL

Started by Just Jake

Replies: 3
Views: 4495
Last post November 18, 2008, 10:57:37 AM
by RegUS_PatOff
No power to dishwasher

Started by tennvols12

Replies: 2
Views: 2294
Last post January 13, 2009, 02:38:38 PM
by jumptrout51
Maytag Dishwasher Lights won't come on, seems no power

Started by trohm@csusb.edu

Replies: 5
Views: 15290
Last post April 25, 2009, 04:14:58 PM
by Al Capone
Maytag Dishwasher Lights won't come on, seems no power

Started by soundboy

Replies: 2
Views: 4006
Last post March 26, 2009, 07:39:27 PM
by Repair-man
Adora Dishwasher - no power after power surge. where is fuse?

Started by notveryhandyman

Replies: 8
Views: 5558
Last post June 24, 2009, 04:33:16 PM
by JWWebster